Chapter 5

The throne room was full of people, all of them waiting in anticipation. My father was already seated in the throne. To his left, lined up were Fandrel, Voltstag, Hogun, and Sif. To his right, was my mother, Loki, then me. I took my place next to Loki on the end. The hall erupted in cheers at sight of Thor entering. He walked down the pathway, raising his hands, egging the crowd on. He flipped his hammer and I rolled my eyes, show off. I thought and I heard Sif say, "Oh, please." I slightly smirked at that, then regained my composure. Thor came to kneel in front of the throne, taking his helmet off. He shot me a smile and I smiled back. Odin stood and tapped his scepter on the ground, silencing the cheers. "Thor. My heir. My firstborn." He began and I cast a glance at Loki, who was looking down. He looked hurt. I'm guessing it was about the heir and firstborn comments. Well how do you think I felt? I was only supposed to be married off when I was old enough. I decided to ask Loki about his reaction later. I kinda spaced out while the All Father rambled on, until he came to the end. "Do you swear to protect the nine realms?" "I swear." Thor answered. "Do you swear...to cast aside all selfish ambition?" Odin asked and Thor lifted his hammer in the air, answering loudly, "I swear!" "Then I Odin, All Father, proclaim you..." Odin paused, his eyes looking distant while we all waited, holding our breath. Odin's quiet statement reached my ears, "Frostgiants."

A/N: Super short, I know. I am sorry about that. But I have a question for y'all. Do you have any ideas for future stories that you'd like me to write? I really value your opinion and am open to suggestions. Please comment or message me ideas of things you'd like me to write. Hope you guys have a great rest of your day! 😄