Chapter 16

Soon, Asgard was back to normal. Except that the Bifrost was gone. So was my brother. I was a ghost during that time. Mourning the loss of my brother. Even if he had betrayed us and stabbed me, I still loved him. And despite what Loki had said, he was still my older brother. Nothing felt the same as I walked the halls of the palace. I always had an empty feeling. There was a hole in my heart that wouldn't close up. I had hope that Loki was still out there. He had been wearing his pendant when he fell, and when I focused, I could feel his presence far away. I wrote this off as me just missing him and my grief blinding my senses, but subconsciously I prayed it was true. It felt like I had no purpose in life. All I wanted was for things to go back to how they used to be. No matter how I felt, I was stuck in this nightmarish reality that my family was now broken. I had to get away, but how? The Bifrost was destroyed. Then something hit me. I remember Loki mentioning something about secret pathways that could transport you to whatever world you wanted. I recall him taking me to one once. Perhaps that was my ticket out of this place. Of course my father, mother, and Thor would never let me leave. So I would just have to sneak away. Dressed in the Midgardian clothing I still had from Jane, I slipped out of the palace and flew to the distant cliffs. The memory of this place was so clear that I knew exactly where to go. I hovered in front of the hole in the mountain, taking a deep breath before plunging through the portal. My course was set in my mind. I appeared in a city at night, so no body saw me crash in an alleyway. I stood up, brushing my pants off. I stared at the sky above, bidding a silent farewell to my family. I was never going back home. This place, was my new home. I put my shoulders back, and strode out of the alley down a street. I saw a sign, identifying the place. Interesting. I thought as I walked past it. Queens, New York.

The End

To be continued in Book 2....