June - Gym

My eyes sweep through the familiar platforms of bleachers and the smell of gym. Familiar faces caught my attention, as well as fresh, new ones.

First day of class. Well, "class."

It's still orientation week and there's not much to do.

I'm in the 11th grade, but I took up my first two years in junior high school here. I transferred when I turned grade 9, but since the school I enrolled in in grades 9-10 doesn't offer the senior high school program, I had to transfer back to the school I enrolled in in the first two years of my high school life.

The eyes of the familiar faces pass by me. Some greet me with a warm "hello" and some greet me with arrogant, envious eyes; the same eyes I've known since the 7th grade. Their attitude hasn't changed a bit. Meanwhile, here I am, way ahead of them in the game of life.

"Lysithea!" Lucina greets me and throws her arms around me.

"I miss you," I say, and proceed to asking how she is.

"Well, you know, the usual. My mom goes crazy, the house becomes chaotic and just screw life," she then stared into the abyss, "Well school's fine, so..." she shrugged her shoulders.

"Hmm," I couldn't really say anything.

"Let's sit on the bleachers together?" she offers and I agree.

As usual, the program was full of unnecessary things and the banter of students is still alive until now. Nothing's really changed since the last time I've gone here. Just the styles, the looks, and some attitudes of people. Other than that, it's still the chaotic, immoral school of people I've known in the 7th and 8th grade.

I saw Amir walk past me. I don't have the usual tingling feelings, but I was sure I felt a chill run down my spine.

I just want to cry right now. But I have to learn to get over all of those situations that took place in the previous school I've been to. I can't be holding a grudge. That's just not me.

But heck, it hurts so much. The pool of tears I've created on my bedroom floor months ago and even until now before I sleep is not enough to describe how much pain they all caused me.

Them. The enemies whose song I danced to. That song that is the war already won before it even began.

"Earth to Lysithea!" I could see Lucina's hands waving in front of my face.

"Sorry."

"It's fine, but are you okay?"

"Yeah. I guess so."

"Wanna talk about it?"

"Later, after the program. It's quite noisy here."

Lucina just nodded her head yes.