August 2

__________________________

The winds of time, we watched afar,
The closer we get to that falling star.
Could it be that we find love
In our beating stars above?

___________________________

I watched him from afar, as always. I've always just regarded him as just some other guy.

"Why don't you try talking to him?"

I could hear Erinome's voice ringing in my head.

"I don't even know how to start a conversation with him," I muttered.

"Say 'Hi'" she said bluntly.

"It's not that easy, Rin."

"Nothing will happen if you just look at him from afar."

"I don't intend for anything to happen," I explained, "I want things to stay the way they are... because the last time I wanted to change how things were, I screwed up. I got myself hurt."

I turned to her and stopped walking.

"I'm tired of getting hurt. I'm tired of crying. I'm just... tired."

She lightly put her palm on my shoulder.

"Mm okay. I understand," she said, casually, as if I wasn't being overly dramatic, "but remember, you have an option."

He's just some other guy. Just one of those small crushes I watch from afar. He has been that way since we met, which was not so long ago, and he'll always be that way.

My observation of him is that he is very... different from me. He annoys me, but catches my attention. How could someone impress me and make me roll my eyes at the same time?

Maybe it's just because he was handsome.

Now, he's not a pretty boy. He's like those gangsters you see in cliche movies where the female protagonist is some scaredy cat damsel in distress... which is what I look like.

But he's not that kind of guy, and I am certainly not that kind of girl.

It's not that our schedules don't meet, but it became a hindrance for us to talk again. I mean I can't just  walk up to him and approach him in class and dump my problems. That just isn't proper, obviously.

"Hee-yhar!" I mouthed.

"Hee-yaaar!" he followed.

I'm with Matt in the library, rehearsing for our interview skit for our English class.

I'm an emo.

I love Paramore, Panic! at the Disco, My Chemical Romance... name it!

And so our skit is derived from an actual interview of Hayley Williams of Paramore and Robert Patinson of... well... need I say more?

"How did we get hee-yhar!" I softly shouted... (?)

We were rehearsing, editing the script, and trying to familiarize our lines. I was in the moment, but at the same time, my mind was somewhere else.

We didn't do exactly a good job in our performance task, but I guess we got a good grade. At least a passing grade.

The day ended without exchange of words.

I think it's fine by me if we don't continue anymore or communicate from this day forth.

Maybe he IS just one of those guys. Just some other guy. Just another one of those... little butterflies encountering a yellow light.