August 4 - Chance

"You make me realize a lot of things," I started. "You make me realize that someone's always gonna be there during the lowest points of my life. You make me realize about God's amazing grace. You make me realize... or at least you remind me how strong I am.

Another thing you made me realize was that there's this feeling I've been denying."

I paused for a second, trying not to cry. Hold back the tears, honey!

"But before I go to that, I just want to remind you that I have someone at the back of my mind. I want to remind you that I haven't fully moved on yet. I want to remind you that I'm afraid to fall in love again if it's not with him... 7 years guy.

But despite those information that I keep giving out, here you are."

I looked at him looking down.

"So I've been denying. And because you actually... you know you're brave enough to do this and... you look determined so... I'm not going to tell you that I like you too like how I used to do with others. But I will say that I was the first one. I was the first to fall."

He looked at me with hopeful eyes. Hopeful, puppy dog eyes.

"So. I'm giving you a chance... to fix me and you know-"

I haven't even finished my sentence yet when he just hugged me.

"Thank you," he said, a million times.

He let go of my embrace and faced me. He held my hand and said, "I promise I won't screw this up."

I gave him a half smile- an indication of my fear of either screwing up or losing him.

I knew in that moment that I didn't want to lose him, whether as a friend, a best friend or more than that. I don't want to lose Ilius. Period.

And I'll do everything, for this moment with me in his arms, to last forever.