Chapter 7: Liz Maxence

"At last I am not alone, I see," the voice was quiet but powerful, coming from somewhere behind me. I swiveled around in the soft mud, looking past the mist. I figure stood in the shadows of a huge lime green bush covered in snow at the top. It stepped out and I saw a girl, not much older than myself. Her inky black hair was tied back tightly in a high ponytail. She looked to be my age, but taller. She was wearing a navy blue shirt with black leggings tucked into her heavy, beige boots. What stunned me most about this girl's appearance were her eyes. They were piercing black, and had no feeling in them. Overall, this girl looked like a tough but sad person excited at the sight of another human being. Her eyes were sneaky and playful.

"So?" she demanded impatiently. "Who are you? What'd you do? Where are you from?" Her overload of questions sent me stepping back into the mist.

"You're asking me?" I shot back. "How about you tell me where and when we are for a start?". The girl first looked at me blankly then rolled her eyes. She had the look of a know-it-all girl who would annoy anyone who didn't know it all.

"What else do you not know?" she said. "Fine. This is Timecrash," She stopped there, crossing her arms on her chest. Timecrash- it was the word on the screen of the time capsule. A word that meant nothing but confusion to me.

"And...?" I pushed. "What is that?". The girl flung her arms out to the sides and began to explain in fast, complicated phrases.

"Well, obviously Timecrash is a crash happening when using the Time Capsule Tx7 . It sends the user here because they do not exist in their time. This happens by altering the natural course of events because they did not follow the instructions in the manual," My mouth hung open and I tried to process what she just said. The amount of information in those few sentences was enough to knock me off my feet.

"So you're telling me," I began slowly. "That I do not exist anymore?" I ended the sentence weakly, not wanting to hear the response.

"In your time, no, but in Timecrash, yes," the girl replied. I nodded, stunned. I had just been told that I had been removed from existence.

"How did this happen?" I asked with a trembling voice.

"You tell me," said the girl impatiently.

"I have no idea! Can you please tell me what's going on?" I burst out loudly. The girl squinted at me, deciding what to tell me.

"What do you need me to tell you?" she asked, more calmly this time.

"Everything you know!" I was getting tired of this mysterious girl's riddles with no direct answers. Finally, the girl seemed to relax and began to explain.

"My name is Liz Maxence. I own the second copy of Time Capsule Tx7. " With those words, Liz pulled out a black tube identical to mine. I thought back to the very first time I found the time capsule. The instructions did say something about a second copy. Liz continued explaining.

"If you go back to a certain time period, you may do whatever you'd like there. But if you change the course of events, you might not exist in your time anymore. If that happens, you get sent to Timecrash, from where you cannot go anywhere but the first time period you traveled to. Even in that time, you can only be there for one hour. I have been here for six months now," Liz ended quietly, looking down at her feet.

"This whole time I have been attempting to fix my mistake, but nothing would work. Once you are in Timecrash, you're stuck here forever,". I thought about what she had said for a couple minutes. There had to be a way out of here! After all I had seen with the time traveling, nothing could be impossible. In a few moments, I roughly understood most of what Liz had said. Oh, right,and the snow covered trees.

"Right now, all you can do is trust me. Follow me.. What's your name?"

"Chelsey Martin,"

"Right. Chelsey,I know that you still have a ton of questions, but I'll show you my home first," Liz said beginning to walk briskly through the mist.