[4]Heartbeat

Here it is ! :

I was shocked but happy and confused at the same time. The feeling was so overwhelming I had no idea what to do.

' you know I love you ' he was saying, and I'm sure my ears aren't playing tricks on me since I can see that he's waiting impatiently for an answer. I hesitate. What am I supposed to say? So I settled for the classic:

" I don't know what to say " I sighed and kept staring at a building in the distance. I wish he knew.

" Julie I know you moved on, but I just wanted to let you know about this " he says, awkwardly running his hand through his hair. He is killing me.

" Will, you have a girlfriend " I said, meeting his gaze . As much as it pains me to say it, it's true.

" She's the only girl I dated after you left, and we only started dating weeks ago. And Jules if I knew you were coming back, believe me I would've waited, simply because you're worth the wait " he says softly, as he reaches my hand and squeezes it. I smile at him. He hasn't changed a bit.

So I said what I always wanted to say to him, after the breakup.

***

" That's my girl " Jesse says, after I told him all about yesterday night with Will. We were driving to school, already five minutes late.

" I still don't believe you turned him down though. Not a Jules- thing to do since you are practically obsessed with him" he says, in a matter-of-fact tone.

" Well yeah, it was really hard but I made it. I know he was using the ' I didn't know you were coming back' lie because I remember telling him, before the breakup, that I was, in fact coming back. Trent was right, Will really is afraid of commit-"

" Trent? " Jesse interrupts my meaningless blabbering. " What did that idiot tell you? " He suddenly looked annoyed and offended at the same time.

" May I just understand what he did to gain your hatred? " I say, growing tired of catching on with everything that happened in this year. Damn, nothing ever happened when I was around. Why now ?

" He did something. I just don't wanna talk about it. Don't you trust me? " Jesse says, pouting. So stupid.

" Oh stop it. I will find out someday " I say confidently, avoiding eye contact since I had no idea how I would find out, but I will.

Will...

Snap out of it! I shout at myself .

" Snap out of what? " Jesse says, smirking.

" Shut up "

******

One more ' welcome back Julie ' and it's world war three. I could've sworn I only spoke to ten people in this school! Socializing was never my thing, I used to leave that to Will.

I was in the cafeteria having lunch, surrounded by people I don't know, who claim to be my 'best friends' last year.But I just go with it. Never hurts to have a friend or two. Not.I am not anti-social if that's what you're thinking. I just feel like something's up.

I grab the water bottle to quench my thirst.

"Hey there grumpy " a voice behind startles me, and makes me drop the water all over my shirt and jeans. Seriously, half the water that was safe in that bottle two seconds ago is now on my clothes. How great. I was going to hit whoever scared the life out of me in the face, but when I turned around, I saw a scared looking Alexa, and my anger cooled off. Just a bit.