[7] Girlfriends And Portlands

" Better late than never " Alexa rolls her eyes at me, and grins teasingly.

We hug.

It's not my fault I was late. I had an emergency. Ryan needed a video game partner and I was forced to volunteer.

I mumble a quick sorry and force a smile.

" France is meeting us at McDonald's" She says, hastily collecting her things from the table.

We walk side by side, Alexa gawking at each clothing store we pass by, sometimes pointing at a hot guy here and there.

" Hey! Are you Julia? " A girl my age asks squeakily , staring openly at me. She had pretty black hair that cascaded down her back, and was wearing too much jewelry. I felt like I was talking to a walking crystal chandelier.

" No , you've got the wrong person" I smile politely. Just as I was about to turn around and leave, the girl's emo friend nudges her shoulder and whispers something in her ear.

" Wait! It's Julie! You're Julie? " she asks again, stepping forward.

Now she's got the right person. This story is going to follow me to the mall now?

" Yeah. That's me " unfortunately, I wanted to add. But I stay silent.

" Omg! " she squeals, and looks excitedly at her friend, who tries to match her enthusiasm with everything she has but only manages to smile and nod. I sigh.

" You're back! I thought you were moving out forever! That's what everyone thought after, you know " she winks, and beams at me.

No. No I don't.

" Anyway " her friend continues, running her hair through her dyed black hair.

" It was a really brave thing to do.You're cool " she gives me the

'Nod of approval' , grabs her walking chandelier then leaves.

I let out a breath.

" Hey JayJay, are you okay? " Alexa asks, putting a hand on my shoulder.

" JayJay? " I ask, smiling half heartedly.

" New year, new nickname. " she winks , and we continue walking.

On the way to McDonald's, Anna caught up with us. She was actually pretty when she wasn't being pushed to the ground by my former best friend. Her dirty blonde hair was in a ponytail, and the blue shirt she was wearing matched the color of her eyes. Alexa greeted her warmly, despite the fact that she just met her.

Anna, I realized, was a walking bundle of positive energy. She lit up the mood in no time, and we were all laughing nonstop by the time we got to France.

" Took you three airheads long enough" France, I realized, was the type of girl that people would stare or gawk or whistle at when she walks by. Her hair was a rich shade of golden like Ryan's, it flowed in waves until it reached her back. Her eyes, framed by long lashes were a bright emerald green. A straight nose, and porcelain like skin, she wore a tank top that showed off her slim figure, and shorts. The sleeves of her jacket were rolled up to her elbows.

" Blame JayJay " Alexa threw her hands up in surrender.

France just smirked.

" Ah, the famous Julie " and then her smirk turned to a genuine smile, as she opened her arms wide for a hug.

" It's great to meet you " she finishes as she engulfs me in a comfortable hug. I chuckle. We're acting like long lost best friends.

" Same here, France " I beam at her, and we dive in conversations about TV shows and food and gossip. This girl is hilarious, and very, very wise.