Epilogue

Em's POV

*2 years later*

The apocalypse ended a year ago. It turns out that there is a cure for zombies.

Love and interaction with humans.

It may sound stupid, but that's how it all worked out. "Babe! Can you get David for me? I'm kind of busy right now."Kirstie yells from her bedroom. I get up from my position on the couch and went into the baby room.

I walked over to the wooden crib with David laying down on his back crying his little heart out. "Poor baby."I felt his forehead. He had a fever, no doubt.

"Kirstie! Come in here for a moment!"I yelled. Kirstie rushed in the bedroom and stood next to me.

"What's wrong?"

"David has a fever."

Kirstie placed the back of her hand on his forehead. She took it off and kissed his forehead. "Get a wet rag. I'll find some children's medicine."I ran into the bathroom and searched the medicine cabinet.

I found some Advil children's medicine and grabbed it. Kirstie carried David into the bathroom with a wet rag on his forehead. "I found some children's medicine."I said and poured the medicine into a little cup.

"He's gonna fight the medicine, Em."Kirstie said.

"I know. But he's sick."I said and let David take a drink of the medicine. He cried some more and cringed.

"He's a whiny baby."I said.

"What do you expect? He's only two years old."Kirstie smirked.

We calmed David down and laid him down in his crib. I wrapped my arms around Kirstie's waist and pecked her lips.

"I want to take a nap. Care to join?"I asked. She nodded and we laid down in the bed. She kissed my forehead and we drifted off to sleep.

___________________________

Chloe's POV

"I'm sick of you, Mitch!"I yelled and ran out of the house. Tears spilled from my eyes and I ran as fast as my feet could carry me.

That was the biggest argument we've had. In fact, that was the only argument we've had.

I'm so stupid to think Mitch would love me. He was a zombie and then a human. What was I suppose to expect? I ran to the park and sat down on a bench.

"Chloe?! I'm sorry, okay?!"I heard Mitch yell. I laid down on the bench and cried into my coat.

I heard footsteps and felt a hand caress my cheek. "Chloe, I love you. I'm sorry for yelling at you. It was none of my business to know what was happening at work."I heard Mitch said.

"Just leave me alone, Mitch. I don't want to see you."I said harshly.

Those words I would regret later. But I was mad. And my emotions couldn't be controlled.

"Chloe... Please. I need you. I can't live without you.."I heard him sniffling. I looked up at him and saw tears fall from his eyes.

I sat up and he sat down next to me. "Mitch, I'll tell you what happened at work."I said.

His eyes were on me the whole time. I sighed deeply and wiped a tear away.

"I went to the printing room to print out some papers. Then my co-worker, Bill, came up to me and started to get touchy."

*Flashback*

I walked the the printing room and printed out some papers for the new book I'm working on. My co-worker Bill walked up to me with a smirk on my face.

"Hey, Chloe."He said.

I turned around and waved. He walked up to me and held my hips. I jumped at the touch of his hands.

"What are you doing?!"I yelled.

"God, I want you."He said. His lips connected with mine and he held my waist tightly.

I was scared. I didn't know what to do.

I pushed him away and slapped him across the cheek.

"I don't know who you think you are, but keep your hands off! I have a boyfriend and I can get you fired, Bill!"I yelled.

He gripped my hand and dragged me into the closet. The door was locked and he trapped me in a kiss.

Tears fell from my cheeks.

"Don't tell anyone about this and it'll be fine, okay?"He asked. I nodded and kept crying.

*End of flashback*

Mitch looked angry and depressed. "He raped you?"He asked quietly with anger.

I nodded and kept crying. He hugged me tightly and I sobbed loudly. "I'm gonna get him fired and arrested, Chloe. Babe, I'm sorry."Mitch whispered.

I looked at his face and he was crying. "What if I'm pregnant?"I asked. "It'll be fine."

"It'll be Bill's child, Mitch. I'm scared. I'm scared to go back to work and face him, Mitch."I cried.

"He's not going to lay a finger on you. Call in sick tomorrow and stay home with me."Mitch said. I nodded and held onto Mitch tightly. He carried me bridal style back to the house and laid me on the couch.

He laid on top of me and kissed my cheek. "I love you, Chloe."He said.

"I love you too, Mitch. Remember, it's always a happy ending for us."I said. "I know."He smiled.

It was good to just lay there and forget about everything.

The End... or is it?