- reckless ♡

sorry i haven't updated in over a month, i haven't felt very motivated. :/

🍉

you walked through the doors, hoping to see ethan sitting at the diner booth, the usual one you would sit at.

your heart fluttered the moment you saw his leather jacket. he was looking down at the paper from the straw that rested in his drink.

he heard your footsteps, the slightly squeaky shoes from the rain. he looked over at your figure, the one he always wished to see.

you slid into the turquoise booth, not noticing ethan's eyes watch you.

"how long have you been here?" you grabbed the menu that laid in front of you, even though you already knew what you were getting.

"about 30 minutes, i had nothing better to do than wait for my princess." you smiled at the sweet nickname, the one he always called you.

"where were you last night? usually you answer my texts at least after 10 minutes." you raised your eyebrows as you continued to look down at the diner menu.

"nowhere important." you rolled your eyes. that was the only response you ever got when asking where he was.

"you always disappear, and never tell me where you are. you know that worries me. i never know if you're doing drugs, getting drunk, robbing houses, or even cheating on me. i don't even want to think of that one, eth-"

"i would never cheat on you. and you know that!" ethan harshly whispered through his teeth, his hand clenched around the tiny ball of straw paper.

you finally looked up at his slightly red face, his jaw tightly clenched. he turned his head, looking out the window that had rain droplets dotted around.

"but i don't." you quietly whispered, afraid to say it. you knew it would set him off. ethan vowed to never cheat on you, you were his only love, and he made that clear.

he gave much of his time up, spending it with you. anytime a girl would look at him in a way only you do, he would ignore them.

"god dammit!" ethan hit the table with his fist, swiftly sliding out of the booth and leaving money on the table for his half empty milkshake. he walked out of the door, all eyes left on you.

you grabbed your jacket, rushing out the door of the diner, following ethan to his motorcycle. he was putting his helmet on, ready to leave the parking lot.

"ethan, stop, please!" you jogged up to his bike, grabbing onto his arm that clipped his helmet strap. he looked at your saddened face, the tears rimmed on your waterline.

"i'm sorry, i didn't mean to say that. i just worry about you. you're too reckless, and i just don't want you to get hurt." he shook your arm off, looking straight forward again.

"maybe we just shouldn't be together then." a salty tear fell down your cheek, the sprinkling of the rain, making you shiver.

"maybe we shouldn't." you stepped back, watching ethan's bike drive off down the road, making the tears fall more.

you went home, not believing you let ethan drive off.

🍉

oh, yeah. i have a editing account on instagram if you want to follow it! it's @/fadedolxn
if you follow it, thank you!