year one; of friendship and pinky promises

Disclaimer: not my plot, storyline or characters, just my interpretation and point of view.

The first few chapters are just an overview of what happened from Draco's pov, but in later chapters there is more detail and longer chapters. If y'all want I can make the whole thing like that so let me know if you want more from when they were younger.

Happy reading :)

"Draco, honey! Come into the kitchen please."

With a roll of his eyes, he got up and walked through the large swing door to find his mother sitting at the kitchen table. Her back was not as straight as it usually is, slightly slouching over a letter in her hands. Her cup of tea forgotten beside her.

"What is it mother?" Draco asked, annoyed. "The Minister just arrived and it was only starting to get interesting."

She looked up, too excited to properly scold him, "Oh, Draco you know your not allowed to listen in on your Fathers meetings." Narcissa was a young woman of thirty-six. She had blonde hair and blue eyes so light they almost looked grey. Her posture was always perfect, with very few exceptions, and she carried her married name well.

The Malfoy's were elite and rich. They were one of the highest class wizard family's, with so much social status they were practically royal. Their family was also one of the oldest and pure lines, descended from only pure witches and wizards for centuries, proudly with no hiccups. They were respectable and polite yet snobbish and petty at times. And Narcissa - without a doubt - was as graceful, proper and precise as any true Malfoy could be.

"Look darling, your Hogwarts letter has finally arrived," she said, eager to finally watch her only son open his school letter for the first time. She handed it to him as he sat beside her, a smile lighting up on his face.

He took a moment to admire the envelope, having waited for this letter to arrive from a young age.

Mr Draco Malfoy,
Malfoy Manor
Wiltshire, England

He turned it over and felt the wax seal with his fingertips, eager to open it but wanting to take in every detail. He looked over at his mother, who nodded in encouragement. Draco pealed it open, and took out the folded letter inside:

Dear Mr Malfoy,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins September first. We await your owl no later than July thirty-first.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY
Headmaster Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, first class, Grand Sorc, Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

He took out the enclosed list and quickly scanned through the uniform and equipment, instead focusing on the books.

The Standard Book of Spells by Miranda GoshwackA History of Magic by Bathilda BagshotMagical Theory by Adalbert WafflingA Beginners Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric SwitchOne Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida SporeMagical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius JiggerFantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt ScamanderThe Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble