Chapter One

Chapter One

I was prepared for another day of name calling and taunting voices. Those people who were claimed as the best hurt my feelings just like everyone else they tortured. Just the other day my brother was stuffed in a garbage can. Personally I was scared for my life if that was even possible. The principal wouldn’t help because he cares for sports more than bullying. Quarterback Blake Underwood was head of the popular and king of athletic abilities.  Right when I entered the ladies restroom a familiar voice screamed a horrible name in my direction. I looked in the mirror seeing platinum blond hair and adorable blue eyes. That was me of course I didn’t need anybody calling me ugly and nobody did I was too pretty. Kylie was the school fab but when she was in private and I was near she would complement my looks. I was Star an important part of the world and that’s all it took.                                          First period I thought, gym that seemed hard from my perspective everyone laughed at my lame athletic attempts. Today I felt strong no matter what happens. The change room was cluttered with girls changing into every kind of strip. Lockers slammed and giggles burst through my ears as I entered. My best bud stood in the corner talking to Courtney, Courtney was whispering and my pal was laughing. When I reached my destination I was appointed toward a dark area. I changed despite the pushing and shoving that was sent my way. The teacher entered when I didn’t come out directly. She soothed me when my hopes went down and acted like my mother. I even hit a homerun for baseball once and ran a whole cycle through the gym. My life couldn’t get any better because my family was rich with our own clothes line. Constantly I found girls wearing my style of clothes including a deluxe top.

Similar to my life many girls were made fun of because of perspective or just because those popular girls are jealous. They are jealous of me and my whole world. At the end of my tortured day I went to access my locker and noticed all of my peers starring at me wide eyed. My lock slid open and the door pushed forward out poured dozens of flowers. One rose on the top shelf had a note.

Please will you consider becoming one of the popular!                 P.S. The whole time we admired you

Kylie Francine

The rose had a designer ribbon attached near the leaves with                            frilled edges. Kylie appeared to be gazing over my shoulder approving my facial expressions.

“So umm will you agree to my offer?” Kylie gasped as if out of breath.

All I did was nodded my head, I was speechless after all the bullying. Night came so fast and I mostly couldn’t sleep with all that was going through my infuriating mind.

            The next day my mom made our fancy chef create a dessert just for me of course I didn’t want it but oh well. I wore a classic top with some ripped skinny jeans and a golden purse, and high top shoes. School was busy and cluttered with the popular in front. Kylie was waiting for me holding a list. The list had billions of names or what I thought was billions. Make them happy was written on the top in big bold letters. I waddled up to one of the girls and complemented her gorgeous dress. The girl smile as if in hope and gazed to notice it was me, Star. Her smile lit up franticly and became a friendly grin.

            The whole day I complemented young girls that had barley any respect. Smiles filled the crowded school and the girls who stood behind Kylie frowned at my actions.

“You’re doing this wrong because you should be saying mean things to them!” Alias grouched.

Even after the rude conversation I complemented the unappreciated women. I was going to turn bullying around by being the personal trainer. Right when I walked up to my best friend she frowned and scattered away. Turning to catch her, Blake stood in my way with an unpleased expression. Then I coward and slouched my shoulders growling at him. He quirked his head curiously to the side and his eyes got wide. He might be playing a game and I’m not playing so I pushed him to the side and stoked off.

            Later on when I arrived home my mother was trembling on the couch my father stroking her arched spine. Her cries echoed in my ears. Dad was hissing painfully and a certain body was missing. Kurt my older brother was in a dark corner huddling. Mom stood and snatched at my arms weeping on my slouched shoulder.

“What going on why are you crying Mom and Dad toughen up!” I curiously asked impatient.

Mom backed up appalled and shook her wet locks whispering words I didn’t understand. Kurt uncovered himself to the light gasping like a melting vampire. Cuts were scattered on his perfectly bronzed skin and his hair was balding in spots. I screamed and ran the other direction up the stairs to my room and slammed the door.  Buzzing was pounding through my ears and my knee’s ached. Mom hurried after me and rubbed my back whistling my baby lullaby.

            Next day I walked straight up to Kylie and pulled her to an empty classroom.

“Why did you let Blake do that?” Kylie’s eyebrows shifted to the picture I was gripping. Her face scrunched up and tears welled in her emerald eyes.

“I didn’t know he got mad or something because you were complementing those girls which I am thanking you for because that’s what I have been trying forever” she gasped for breathe.

“You have to help me turn bullying around please!” I begged.

Kylie nodded smiling and rubbing the running mascara away from her sad eyes.

            Kylie parted ways with Star and practically ran to Blake. He was sitting on a desk laughing about how he tormented Kurt. One of the boys nodded his head in Kylie’s direction and Blake shot his face in her area. It made her sick to gaze in his eyes after what he’d done. She darted up to Blake and smacked his featured face. He grabbed her and shook her, Kylie was not in the mood for this so she kicked his shin.

“What was that for Kylie I didn’t hurt you did I?” Blake snarled furiously.

“No but you hurt someone else and now I am mad so take that you jerk!” Kylie screamed in Blake’s ear.

The entire crowd mumbled words to Blake. When Kylie turned back to look at him she whipped her hair and he froze like a sculpture. Kylie thought he would crumble and be heartbroken after she basically said she was done with him.

            Star stood in the door way leaning on the side starring at Kylie’s ice project. Kylie stalked off through the door and Star followed. The girls nodded at each other and parted ways for class. Lunch appeared to have rushed to next period when the teacher announced break. A table was open for Star to save for her friends and partner. Kylie was first to arrive with a plate of spaghetti and coca-cola.

“Are you feeling depressed or just plumping up a little?” Star joked.

Kylie’s face shot up and she was ready to reply then started crying. Of course a teacher sprinted over and sent her to a counsellor. They just told me to go home after my parents called the school for me.

Kurt was at home sucking on a straw which filled with beef broth.

“So how does this sound, Blake was smacked by Kylie and they broke up and now Kylie and I are turning the whole bullying thing around!”  Star panted.

Kurt just nodded and slurped his broth silently. The house had a significant smell of fresh cookies and bread rolls, which meant a sad dinner. Dawdling to the kitchen Star spread her homework across the counter. The chef looked up and sniffled.

“Oh chef what is it, your sad about something!” Star cheerfully gasped.

The chef just starred with a gloomy sparkle.

            Kylie, who was a little hurt, trembled all night getting barely an hour of sleep. Nightmares shook her startled brain while she ached with pain. Wake up calls screamed at her all night while she pathetically snoozed during breakfast. Her mother was shocked and felt her forehead for a temperature. Kylie had barely ever looked as bad as today’s attire, looking depressed and being cranky. She begged her mother to let her go to school no matter how bad she looked for she had a giant task upon her hands. The bus showed up late letting her freeze like a Popsicle and when it finally did she was iced down to the concrete. Her day was a tuff one but she still worked hard with Star to change bullying.