Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Star had finally gotten the chef to talk and when she did she talked of how she felt when she was young and no one tolerated bullying. Chef got over emotional so star excused herself from the private talk. Mom was sending a protest email to the school protesting on how she was not forgiving for this incident. Every letter was a painful gasp of tears, Star could notice. She thought by now her mother would be dry of tears from all the constant whining and over protective speeches she had been telling. Dad was clumped up in his study for the first time in ages promoting his business to a non-bully environment. Just wait until mom heard my news and dad who was slumping awkwardly on his cherry wood desk. My room was next to the office aka closest to the copier which made noise all the time. Star simply piled on her bed with her cell in her palms. Now Kylie was up to recovering from her break up and star was working on their task until then. Her cell was whipped open furiously and text messages were going around immaculately.

            The whole school was prancing like leprechauns in all directions or happy as most say. I had changed a small bit of the school system in a short period of time. Same with Kylie the only thing was her friends were being snarky and rubbing in the fact that she had broken up with Blake. One had her finger wrapped in his silky hair. She was Alias replacement of the girls; she was an obstacle they had to overcome. Kylie was frowning in her seat daydreaming about Blake probably who was smiling uncontrollably. He was laughing and talking about how he missed Kylie and Alias was grouching. She was telling him she was his other choice but he wasn’t responding. His face was so straight it was abnormal other than his smile directed at Kylie.

            Kurt was slumped on the couch sleeping and mom was well how would I put it pasting stamps on envelopes to the school board. Was I the only normal one if you take out the point that I was actually doing something productive? Yeah I had homework but I needed to get the school right so Kurt could go back and get good grades. Personally I thought my family was going crazy! Mostly my time was switched to school but I guess you could call this school if you counted it my big project.

            The door bell rang at a high tune like usual and it played its little jingle, but at a weird time during the day. Kylie was standing in the rain soaking and crying her heart out. I invited her in and grabbed her some dry clothes from my closet. She thanked me and sobbed silently. My voice cracked as I soothed her sore body.

“Thank you for the clothes do you mind if I stay the night and borrow some clothes for tomorrow?” Kylie croaked.

I nodded and asked her if she would like some hot chocolate with cookies and we pranced to the exclusive kitchen. We talked of our plans for hours and then I built up the courage to ask on why she was here. She begged that we shouldn’t talk about it till the morning and by then maybe not.

            Mom panicked when I replied to her “get down for breakfast call” and well she couldn’t have picked a better day to get on my nerves. She didn’t want me to go to school but I had to Kylie was here and I couldn’t leave her alone even when she was stressed. Times like this were tuff and I was going to make the best out of this but when I had gone back to my room Kylie was on her cell.

“My mom says I don’t have to go to school for the next few days and if it’s alright I would like to stay with you?” Kylie questioned.

I would have answered right away but first I had to ask and seeming as my mom was being protective I knew she’d say yes I just wanted to ask. I motioned her to follow to the dining room. My mother was sprawled across the table drawing out bubble letter protest signs. I didn’t like the looks of it even when half weren’t even done. Mom nodded as if she’d heard what Kylie had said in my room and told us to go shopping or something. She’d even put one thousand on the table. Me and Kylie separated it evenly into two five hundreds. We called a quick thanks and ran out to my gorgeous vintage bug in sky blue. We chatted furiously and pathetically snatched at our purses stuffing the money in.