Ch 19 Be Okay

Song Rec:
Suga ft. Jin & Jungkook- So Far away

•••

Jennie opened her eyes immediately as she heard footsteps come down the hall. She looked at the clock 21:00.

It's been a little over 11 hours since she's been here. Jisoo and Chaeng still sound asleep in the waiting room chairs.

The guys, Jisoo and Chaeng's parents stopped by to check on them and see if everything was okay, given the situation.

Jennie promised to call when they had any changes.

"Jennie Kim." The doctor says looking up from his chart.

"Yes. That's me." She says standing up. "Is she okay?"

"She's stable. It took awhile but we managed to get the bleeding under control and close the wound. It was severely deep cut and it may take awhile for her to recover." He says. "Are you her family?"

"Not biologicaly. Our parents died when we were young and we've been best friends ever since. Can we see her?"

"She's asleep right now and she may be for awhile. Even when she does wake up she'll be loopy from the anesthesia. But you guys may wait in her room." He nods.

"Thank you." She bows.

"Mr. Kim and Mr. Park have agreed to cover the expenses of a private hospital room. She's in room 303, I'll be up to check on her every few hours." He says before bowing and leaving.

•••

Jennie kisses Jisoo awake so that she can tell her the news. Jisoo's eyes flutter open as she looks around the room.

"Hey sleepy." Jennie whispers smiling softly.

"What's going on?" She groans feeling her stiff muscles ache.

"The doctor came, he says Lisa is going to be okay. Your dad and Chaeng's paid for a private room. We can go see her." Jennie says.

Jisoo nods and slowly stands up. Careful not to wake up Chaeyoung. Jennie picks Chaeng up bridal style as they walk down the hall to the elevator.

Jisoo's breath catches in her throat when she walks into the room. You wouldn't even be able to tell she was hurt as she looked like she was sleeping. But that didn't make a difference. Her best friend was still in that bed, still unconscious.

Jennie set Chaeng down in one of the Cots that were made available. She put her jacket over her and kissed her forehead.

"She must be really tired. She's been asleep this whole time." Jisoo says quietly looking at Chaeng.

"It must be from shock." Jennie sighs. "I'm gonna call the family really quick." She says kissing Jisoo's cheek and stepping out of the room.

Jisoo stands by Lisa's bed and takes everything in. She can't believe that only 24 hours ago the same girl was jumping on her bed asking her to make breakfast. She swallows the lump in her throat as she gives Lisa's hand a squeeze.

"Please wake up..." she whispers.

Jennie walks towards Jisoo and hugs her tightly. She's noticed that Jisoo hasn't cried yet and she knows why. Jisoo's only been known to cry alone, rarely in front of people since it makes her feel vulnerable...weak.

"I know what you're doing..." Jennie whispers kissing her head and rubbing her back. "Just let it out..."

And with that Jisoo breaks. She clings onto Jennie tightly as she sobs into her chest. She couldn't stand watching Lisa bleed out as she helplessly watched. She couldn't stand holding Chaeng back while she begged for her girlfriend.