When Todd finds out Neil likes him

"So chapter 13 ends with what we talked about last time in class." Todd said closing the boring chemistry book, and setting it down on his desk. "Neil... Were you even paying attention?" Todd asked, snapping at the boy in front of him.

"What? Sorry, I didn't get much sleep last night." Neil stated, bluntly lying. But Todd could see through that.

"Neil... What's up with you lately? I mean... a couple days ago with the pacing at two in the morning... an-and the falling asleep in class? And now this?" He said worriedly. "I mean you're really worrying me Neil." He looked at Neil. "What's the deal?"

"I don't know..." He said looking down.

"Neil..." Todd said, clearly frustrated.  "I know something is wrong." 

"Yeah, You're right Todd." Neil said a little annoyed, "Something is wrong, and I don't know how to tell you." He looked down.

"Neil, I didn't mea-"

"No, you didn't say anything. I just," Neil stopped to think. "I don't know how to put words together and make them come out right... that's something you're good at." He said mad at himself. 

"Just tell me what's wrong with you please. I'm worried."

"I'm scared Todd."

"Why are you scared?" He asked even more worried.

"I'm going to ruin our friendship, and I don't know what I would do without you." He said walking closer to Todd.

"Wha-what do you mean..." He asked.

"I'm going to regret this," Neil paused, holding back the lump in his throat. "But I don't know how else to get the message across." He took a deep breath and walked closer to the boy. 

"Neil what are y-" He tried to say but was interrupted by Neil's lips crashing into his own. He tried to kiss him as long, yet as short as possible. Neil grabbed his face and than pulled away. And for a second, Neil felt the world stop. He felt for a second that maybe Todd kissed him back, but he knew that was too good to be true. He turned around and ran out the door,  leaving Todd in a state of shock.