Todd's poem

Silence was the only sound in Neil and Todd's room. Ever since Neil kissed him. Neil tried to avoid the room as often as possible, spending his free time at the library with Charlie and the others.

"So what happened with you and Todd." Charlie asked searching through the library shelves. The smell of old books filled the air.

"I uh... I kind of kissed him, now he won't talk to me." Neil said looking down sadly. Charlie looked at him amazed.

"The great Neil Perry kissed someone?" He said with excitement.

"Hey, not so loud!" Neil put a finger up to his lips. "It was... It was the best thing that's ever happened to me yet the worst." He stated with passion.

"I think you should talk to him." Charlie said with a growing grin on his face. He put the book he was holding back on the shelve.

"You mean, ruin the friendship I already ruined? Yeah, I don't think so." Neil responded.

"Neil... Come on, the thing you guys had was great! Even if you don't become more than friends I think you should at least be friends again! I mean you guys can't just stop being best friends. Please man, for me." Charlie said with a sparkle in his eye.

"Do the others know yet? Did you tell them?" Neil said, after a moment of silence.

"All they know is that you guys aren't friends anymore." Charlie said. Neil thought for second.

"Okay... I'll talk to him tonight. In the cave." Neil spoke, determined. Charlie smiled.

The bell rang to go to their next period, Mr Keating. When they got there they each took there seats. Neil saw Todd walk in with his head down. He sat his stuff on his desk, and sat down.

"Neil." Charlie said. "Enough starring at pretty boy over there, come on." He whispered. Neil layed his head down on his desk.

The bell rang and everyone settled down. Mr. Keating, holding a text book, walked in and stood beside his desk.

"Good afternoon, class. Did everyone finish their poems?" He asked with a smirk on his face, over loud groans of procrastination. "Would anyone like to present their poem?" Keating asked, hoping for a hand in the air. From across the room he saw Todd Anderson's hand slowly raise into the air. "Anderson, step right up please. Everyone pay attention."

Todd walked up to the front of the class and stole a slight glance at Neil. Shaking and nervous, he recited his poem.
"The end rules over a beginning. Striking and powering and winning. The lips of a passion filled madman, Left only a lonesome and broken sad man..." as Todd said this, Charlie playfully hit Neil's arm, leaving Neil to role his puffy eyes.

"But it's merely a matter of time. Silence, I an unenforced crime. You left my heart spinning. Let's make the end, merely a beginning." He let out a long breath. Todd looked up from his paper to see Neil, looking at him with wide eyes. Todd smiled and him and sat down. The class clapped.

"Very good Todd. Glad to see at least one brave soul." He smiled and continued the lesson.

Charlie elbowed Neil, "Yeah that was definitely about you." He smirked. 

"Shut up." Neil said annoyed, and swatted Charlie away.