Diecinueve: Baby on the bus

Then I woke up.

Well, more like jerked up. So much so, that I fell right out of my seat.

Sam looked at me with confusion, and so did Joey and. . . Corey.

I made eye contact with him, and I'm almost positive my face drained of all color. I can never look at him the same! I know it was just a dream but. . . No. It was just a dream. I'm completely overreacting.

. . . Right?

I mean, what does this mean? Why would I ever have a dream like this?! They say dreams are made up of your deepest thoughts. So why the freak would I have a dream about hulk Jr kissing me?! That's most certainly not on my bucket list. It's not even on the waiting list. In fact, it's on the list of things I wish to avoid. It's nothing against Corey it's just. . . Ew.

  "Okay, did you fall so hard the impact went from your butt all the way to your head and made you brain dead?" I heard Joey say while he was waving his hand in my face.

  I realized I was just staring into space and recovered expertly. ". . . Huh? What?", (yeah, still have a little sarcasm fairy dust in me.) I said blinking in confusion.

"Why are you staring at me?" Hulk jr asked with a raised eyebrow, oblivious to what I was thinking.

"Oh, um. Guess I just kinda zoned out there," I said with a nervous chuckle.

They all looked at me weirdly.

"What? A girl can't just stare off into space from time to time," I said.

They looked at me even more weirdly. There was a long pause. Joey broke the awkward tension that was forming with a question. "So, what were you dreaming about that gave you such a fright? Did the boogie man try and get ya?" He mocked with a raised eyebrow and adorable smirk.

Why do I keep commenting on his adorab- I mean, smile. Just his smile. Absolutely nothing special about it.

"No. It was even worse."

Joey waited for me to proceed. "It was horrific." He motioned his hands as if telling me to get to the point. I leaned in closer to him. "Your face."

His smirk dropped. Corey snorted and Sam had a small smirk playing on her lips.

Joey rolled his eyes. "Hardy har har." He mock laughed.

I gave him an innocent smile.

He rolled his eyes (again). "But no really, what was it?" He said sounding interested.

Well I obviously can't tell him!

"Oh, um. We were at the campground and everyone got mauled by an army of angry bunny/turtles." I said, trying a bit too hard to sound casual.

Sam and Corey looked up from their phones to look at me like I was insane.

And there's that completely average looking and totally not heart melting smirk on Joey's face again. "You say that like it's a normal thing," He said with a chuckle.

"Um it's a recurring dream. . . I guess," I tried to explain.

"You have a reoccurring dream that you get mauled by rabbits and turtles?" Sam asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No. It's not bunnies AND turtles. They're bunnies mixed with turtles, like, half turtle half bunny."

"Oh."

"But wouldn't that make them like, really slow," Hulk jr said cocking his head to the side.

Why are they asking so many questions?!