Veinte: Bet

"Alright, everyone!" Coach Brown yelled over the sea of teenagers standing before him.

  We have just gotten off the bus and are now standing in a clearing. Everywhere but here, there is a tree every five feet.

  Great, not alarming at all that I can't see twenty feet into this green abyss.

  "We are going to be hiking the rest of the way to the campsite because, the woods are too thick for the bus to go through." He declared.

  "Uuggghhh." Everyone moaned in excitement.

  "Oh, quit your whining. If you don't buck up and shut up, we're all running there!" He barked.

  Yeah, I've always thought a drill Sargent would be more fitting for him than a school coach, but that's just me.

  We started our trek into the green abyss.

  Man, it's gonna be fun getting hopelessly lost in here.

  Joey came up behind me, and as if he read my mind said, "so, how many times do you think we're gonna get lost in here before we actually reach the campsite." His usual (totally average looking) smirk playing on his lips while doing so.

  I chuckled. "My guess is four."

  He shook his head. "Nah, at least six."

  "I'll go ahead and bet we won't even reach the camp sight," Corey cut in, appearing out of nowhere with his hands shoved in his basketball shorts' pockets.

  I smirked. "I'll take that bet."

  Joey chuckled. "So will I. I say six."

  "Four," I bet.

  "One loooonng time," Sam said through grinning teeth as she became in step with the three of us.

  Well now it's a party.

  "Alright, now that the bets are set, what's the prize?" Joey said with a mischievous twinkle in his eye.

  "I've got a few granola bars," Sam said pulling them out of her backpack with a shrug.

  I investigated them.

  Ooh. Those are the good kind.

  The rest of us thought about what we could contribute.

  After a few seconds I sighed. "I guess I could give the winner a ride on my bike." *wipes away tear.* my baby.

  Joey perked up. "You'd let us drive your motorcycle!"

  I started laughing hysterically then my expression went blank. "No." I lightened up a bit. "I will give you a RIDE on my bike. Nobody drives my baby, but ME," I told them.

  They all pouted, but we moved on.

  "I have this bag of marshmallows." Corey said pulling this HUGE bag of marshmallows out of his duffel bag. It was literally GINORMOUS. I've never seen a bag of marshmallows that big.

  How did he even fit those in his bag?

  We stared at him. Out of nowhere we all started laughing our heads off.

  "Why did you bring a GIGANTIC bag of marshmallows?" Sam laughed.

  Hulk jr looked between his bag and her. "S'mores. Duh," He said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

  We still didn't stop laughing.

  He rolled his eyes and shoved his marshmallows back into his bag. Or at least he tried to. They wouldn't fit back in.