Hunting the Men (1)

Elana stared at the camp entrance with boredom. Lady Artemis has told her to get a girl raised by the hunters named Haley Nightshade. Elana looked around and faked a yawn, then walked through the entrance.

Keeping her tired expression on, she entered the so called "big house". Real creative. She was greeted by Chiron.

"Who are you?" He asked. She sighed.

"Elana D'aylidra, a hunter. Lady Artemis wants a girl named Haley. Haley Nightshade." She said as if reading from a paper. She felt a little uncomfortable talking to him.

"Oh, she is out by the lake. You can get her if you want. What do you plan to do with her?" Chiron asked.

She shifted on her feet. "Just a little mission." she said. Chiron nodded. Elana then hurried out of the house and followed the signs to the lake. Haley was easy to pick out of the other demigods. Her hair was bright, just like Artemis explained. Elana jogged over and tapped Haley's shoulder.

Haley turned towards Elana, suprised once she made out the hunter's clothing. "Umm, do you need me for something?"

Elana nodded. "Lady Artemis has asked me and you to go out on a mission to capture two.." she shook her head in disgust. "men. They are to be punished for the troubles they caused." Haley smiled.

"I would be glad to." Haley grabbed her bow which she, for some reason, had right next to her on a towel. Then she turned and nodded toward the way out. The two girls jogged out of the camp and went towards a gigantic tree.

Elana grabs the map out of her small duffle bag and studies the markings on it. Then she elbowed Halye gently and tells her how the guys are moving through the woods at the moment, trying to get to the camp. Haley looks at Elana in suprise. "Why would they do that?"

"Because they live there. We need to go follow their path from the bank to here. Or, the other way around."

Haley frowned. "Have the guys been messing with the Ladies of Artemis?" Elana nods solemnly.

"For awhile now. It's so recurring that the gods have decided to end this. They chose the two of us to capture them, or kill them." At the words "kill them," Haley goes pale. Elana nods. "That serious."

The two quietly move along the path listening for any signs of clumsy guys. Sadly, none showed themselves. Elana runs her two bracelets in frustration. Where were they?

"What are those?" Haley asks, nodding at my bracelets. Elana flicks her wrists and suddenly two daggers grew to fit her hands.

"Daggers." Elana said with a slightly irritated tone.

Haley sighed. "Maybe they are going towards the hunters camp?" Elana suddenly realizes she is right! Of course they would do that!

"Good thinking, let's go." Elana moves towards the new camp that them hunters moved to. Haley followed quietly, frowning a little.

Soon they saw two figures walking towards their area. The girls dove into a bush and watched as the moved past their hiding spot. Elana let out a breath that she didn't realize she ha been holding, Haley got out without thinking and brought out her bow and pulled back, the knocking of the arrow cut short from the quickness of her hands. She growled in a low voice, "Stop." The two boys spun around in shock to find someone following them. When they realized it was a girl they burst out laughing.

"You?" One of the boys said. He had blonde hair and grey eyes. He laughed some more before continuing. "What are you gonna do? Shoot us?"

More laughter between the two. The other guy had red hair and brown eyes. Blondie is tall and red-head short. Both equally ugly. Elana took the time to sneak behind them, take her daggers and took one to the blondes throat. The blonde widened his eyes as he noticed he was close to death.

Red-head started to save his friend, but Haley said cruelly, "Don't think about it." As she fixed her arrow at the guy.

"Let's go back to camp, now. How about that?" Elana asked sweetly. The blondie whimpered and the red-head gulped, but the two still moved towards the camp.

Elana, to her dismay, didn't get to kill the Boys. She may have had her hopes up.

Haley sighed and started to leave. Artemis grabbed her arm, making her stop.

"Yes, Lady Artemis?" Haley asked.

"Have you changed your mind?" Haley smiled sadly.

She looked at Artemis. "I suppose not." And then she just left.

And what about the boys? Let's just say they won't be messing with ANY girls anymore.