Chapter 11

**Cali's POV**

After school the next day, I walked to the park to wait for Aaron. He had asked me yesterday to meet him there, but I didn't know why. I was hoping it wouldn't be something that was wrong. We just got over a rough patch, and I didn't want it to happen again.

I waited for a while and was about to call him, when someone covered my eyes with their hands. But they were familiar hands, the hands that I knew all too well. I giggled.

"Hi Aaron."

"Shoot! How'd you know it was me? I didn't even say anything." He groaned. "I wanted to surprise you." I just rolled my eyes and patted the spot next to me on the park bench. I glanced over as he sat down, and saw that he had gotten a haircut.

My jaw almost dropped, but I bit my lip instead. I'm just gonna say it, it was sexy. It was quiffed in the front, making the dark hair frame his face even better than before. He smirked at my reaction.

"Something to say, Cal?" He asked innocently.

"I like your haircut. It's hot." I blurted out. Immediately I looked away and turned a deep shade of red. He leaned over and turned my face towards his.

"Glad you think so." His lips brushed mine, but he didn't kiss me. He was teasing. "Maybe later." He said, grabbing my hand. We walked for a while, until we reached a large field with willow trees. The sun was slowly setting now, and the long willow branches lightly brushed my arm, blowing in the spring breeze.

"Aaron, this place is beautiful. How did I never know it was her before?"

"I don't know. I found it a few years ago, and ever since then I just come here when I need to think." He looked at me. "Beautiful, isn't it?" I nodded.

"Mind if I ask why you brought me here?" I asked him. He inched closer and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I needed to ask a question. Will you go to spring formal with me?"

"Of course I will." And then finally, he kissed me. It was the best one yet.

•••

Later that night, I skyped with Maia and Hayley, telling them how Aaron had asked me to the formal.

"Ooh, looks like we're going dress shopping this weekend." Maia said with a smile. Hayley squealed.

"Yess!!! Finally something I'm good at. Don't worry, Cali! We'll find you the picture perfect dress." I smiled.

"Thanks. I kinda just want the entire night to be perfect. Ya know?" They nodded.

"It will be." Maia assured me, adding in a wink. I rolled my eyes and laughed at her.

"CALI!" My mom called from downstairs. "GO TO BED PLEASE." I glanced at the clock. It was already 10:45 at night, and I still had to get up for school tomorrow.

"I gotta go, guys. See y'all tomorrow." I told them, and then closed my laptop. I crawled under the covers, and drifted off into a peaceful sleep.