Chapter 13

Clover woke up to the morning light shining in her face, yet another beautiful day in her new home, a cabin with four rooms in it, a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and sitting room. It was not anything special, but was good for just her living on her own, starting anew. The smell of grass and fresh air soothed her, and made the pain of waking up much less. Clover changed from this thing that the people here called pajamas, to her normal white top and baggy bottoms. She knew that there was much more out there to wear, but the outfit gave her a sense of comfort, and vaguely reminded her of Charlie, who used to bring in the shipment of clothes in once per year. It was almost like a memorial to her past friend.

After eating a small piece of bread as a morning meal (she wasn't quite used to eating much yet) , she set off into the buzzing town. She shot a good morning to Jack who was conveniently located right beside her, and a small wave to Erin, a man who had offered his help in aiding her to read.

Erin was a nice bloke, he was into helping others almost as much as Clover wasn't. She was very thankful for his presence, but was not too avid in making friends with him.

Clover was startled from her thoughts by a loud bell coming from the town square. She quickly headed down to see what was the matter, being there for only a couple of weeks, she wasn't sure exactly how everything really worked.

It seemed that she wasn't the only one who was interested in the bell, the whole of the town was huddled in the square, staring at a truck of some sort with a large man standing on it. He was dressed in fire red robes, and Clover immediately got bad vibes from him.

The man held his hands up and the whole square went completely silent.
He opened his mouth and simply spoke the names of four men, "Andrew Wiggins, Francis Berton, Shay Crestwood, and Eddie Carlton, congratulations."

The whole of the town erupted into cheers as the young men were kissed and praised. Clover looked around, not quite under standing what was happening. She quickly locked eyes with a middle-aged woman cheering along with the crowd.

"Excuse me miss, but do you by chance know what is going on?" Clover asked the lady.

"Well they are blessed these men, they have been chosen." She replied hastily.

"Who have they been chosen by?"

"The Ruler of course, they shall live in paradise now, they shall thrive forever with the rest of them."

"The rest of who?"

"The rest of the chosen ones of course, once per year this happens miss, they will thrive forever!" The woman turned away with wide eyes and screamed once more with the rest of them. Clover clapped once or twice also, but the idea didn't settle with her. She quickly walked off back to her house, and decided to practice on her writing.

Clover was actually amazed by what she could put on the paper, she had a hand that could sculpt marvelous things. Erin once suggested she should trade her works for other things that she may want or need, but Clover was sure he was being a little too nice with her.

Clovers thoughts was quickly interrupted by Jack, who had somehow found his way into her house. "I don't like the man in the robes." He simply stated.

"I don't either, something doesn't seem quite right about him, something that I just can't grasp. I just have a feeling that those boys are not going into paradise."

Jack took a seat on a small wooden chair beside Clover "The whole town seems to believe this man all the way through, they seem so happy to see them go. Too happy."

Clover stopped for a moment, agreeing with Jack's idea, "ya, too happy."

---------------------------------

Sorry for not updating lately- I've been super busy!

Enjoy though!

Jay xx