Chapter 17

Clover slowly walked out of the building behind Mrs. Crabtree and Jack, after having a long talk with much comforting and assuring that everything was going to be alright.

Clover stared at the stone beneath her, wondering. After her most recent encounter with Stig, she figured that he wasn't as tough as she thought him out to be. She wondered if he was hurt, she wondered of she had made the right decision.

Meanwhile, Mrs. Crabtree speed walked into her house. She never bothered to take her shoes off, or to check if her husband was home or not, or even to start dinner. She was much too broken to think of those compulsory things. She put her clouded head on her wooden kitchen table, basked in the suns gentle rays. That, was when the thoughts that were thrown at her all the years her son was taken came back to her.

People always questioned what a mother's love really was. What she would really do to get her son back. Now, she had realized that she could do absolutely nothing, that her son was gone. He wasn't her old Anthony, he was some power-hungry machine, and she was powerless to his actions.

Tears slid freely down her cheeks. Her Anthony, the one thing she loved for each and every day was gone. Her little precious child, had changed into something she couldn't control. So she cried, and cried and cried, because she knew that there was no other thing to do.

Little did she know there was a shadowy figure peeking into the window from a distance, sharing some alike feelings.

Stig was quite sad at first, knowing that his mother found out, but sadness was not a feeling he was accustomed to, so it quickly was replaced with anger instead. Stig ran across the whole of the town craving only one thing, revenge.

-

Clover was taking her usual path home that evening. The streets were slowly being cleared, until only her and a few others remained, strolling casually. Clover was almost at her house, when she decided that she really would enjoy a nice evening stroll. It wasn't quite out of the ordinary that she did this, in fact, she took about one nighttime walk weekly. Clover dropped off a couple of loaves of bread she was carrying at home, and set off on her way on her normal walking path.

Rustling awoke Clover from her day-dreamy state. She looked around blindly as the cool night air nipped at her fingers. Out came something, leaping from a tight alleyway in front of her. The thing pinned the now startled Clover to a wall. Her eyes widened to see the big pupils of another person- one that was being especially violent.

"Why? Why- you idiot!" A very familiar voice yelled in her face. "I've warned you- I'm gunna kill you for this- you don't even know..."

"Stig?" Clover shook, "wha-"

"DONT EVEN TRY TO SPEAK- YOU KNOW VERY WELL WHO IT IS." Stig's voice echoed in the alleyway. He lifted a fisted hand inches from Clover's face. "I am going to hurt you," he said through clenched teeth.

Clover laughed in disbelief, "you say you're different, you say you're on our side. You say you'd do anything for us to be okay. You say..." A tear ran down Clover's face. "But, in reality, you are no better than them. You are just another high-strong, worthless Civil. You should be ashamed. Look at what you've become. Your mother has a right to know that her son has turned into a killer."

Stig slowly released his tight hold on Clover, and dropped to the ground, scraping her back against the brick wall. "Just leave." He said dully.

"Stig, I won't let you get away with this, or, should I say Anthony." Clover crossed her arms.

"JUST LEAVE!" Stig echoed even louder, bringing his fist up once more.

Clover ran as fast as she could to her house, which was the safest option at the moment. That day she pledged to never take nighttime walks again.

----------------------------------------------
Well look at that! I've finally updated!

I've had this chapter sitting around for a while, and I wanted to update it for a while, but I wanted to finish the entire story first (which I did so yaay). I have that all really and will be posting it soon enough. Also- happy holidays guys!!

-Jay