Initiation

Jade POV

I was fighting when I was hit by what felt like a train. In less than a second I was on the ground. The new pup was laying on top of me screaming. I could see pain in his eyes as they stared blindly at me. Pulling myself out from underneath him I realised why he had pushed me and was now in pain. His ankle where I had been standing had been pierced by a large silver nail. Growling I looked up and saw a vampire smirking at his lucky shot. Snarling I picked up Percy's wooden dagger and threw it at the leach. Nailing it in the chest and sending it falling from the tree. I looked around growling at any vampire that got too close. Turning I saw Kellsi pulling the nail out with a leaf while Sage and Katlyn where standing over them defensively. Kyle was fighting with the v-clan leader.

"Retreat! " the cry cut through the pain filled air. Percy had stopped screaming. I watched as the vampires disappeared. The leader backed away and with on final glare at Kyle and a fleeting glance at the pup that saved my life, turned and ran into the woods. I turned back to my rescuer. He was curled up,unconscious, in Sage's arms while Kellsi was wrapping his ankle. That was about all the silence we got.

"Percy! " both Nico and Liz rushed to his side, Neih not far behind. The rest of the pack slowly unfroze and either picked up or helped an injured friend. Sage, Kellsi, and Katlyn crowded around me.

"Jade, Are you okay?" Sage asked cautiously. I nodded while searching for Percy.

"Nico took him so Liz could tend to his wounds." Katlyn explained while pointing to a little tent on the right. I nodded before making my way to the tent and stepping inside. Percy had been laid out on the bed with Nico by his head and Liz cleaning blood off his ankle. I heard the tent open as the rest of the girls walked in. Nico looked up at us before walking over.

"I wanted to thank him." I said.

"I will come and get you when he wakes up. It may be a while..." I nodded in thanks before walking out. I walked into the tent we all shared and sat down on my sleeping bag. Pulling on my gloves I heated a stick of silver over the fire. I twisted it and reheated it over and over until it was a little silver sword. I cooled it in the water a few times before placing it in the basket thay held the other charms. We all had two. One, made of pure silver that stayed in the basket. The second had our blood fused with the deadly metal, making it non-toxic to us, that we wore as a necklace. I looked at the other girls who nodded in approval. I jogged to Liz's tent before stepping inside.

"May I have a small vial of his blood?" I asked Liz. Nico's head shot up. Liz nodded though her eyes where wide.

"Please protect him" she said handing me the vial. I nodded and she let the vial go before returning to Percy. I jogged back to the tent and poured it in the silver. Sage mixed it before pouring it into the mold so I could form the charm. Kellsi grabbed three leather cords and braided them. Once it had cooled enough for me to form it I pulled on my gloves. Once again I twisted it until it was a small sword. I then handed it to Katlyn. Before she became a wolf she was a hunter of Artemis and a daughter of Hecate. She smiled before dipping it into water and muttering an incantation. The pendant glowed lightly before it returned to a polished silver. I took it before attaching it to the braided cord. I placed the collar on my pillow before we all stepped out.

~

did you like it?