Social Menace {12}

I entered the Social Action room the next day and took my usual seat. Farren and Connor were in there, Connor's hand buried in his bag, probably petting his dog.

                "Do you bring your dog to school every day?" I said.

                "Jonesy has separation anxiety," Connor said defensively.

                "Yea, I don't think it's Jonesy who has the problem," Farren said. "Look at this! I bought this for $10 and this girl is willing to give me $30 for it all because I talked up the features and gave her a few cute smiles."

                "Ty will be pissed if he finds out you're doing that again," Connor said.

                "And he'll be pissed if he finds out you're bringing your dog to school again, so we're both going to keep our mouths shut to save our asses from his wrath," Farren said.

                "Do you trust his judgment right now? Obviously he's getting emotional with Mallory involved," I said.

                "Farren will get Tyson to pull his head out of his ass," Connor said.

                "Don't put that job on me," Farren said.

                "You're the best suited for it. Besides, if he goes after Mallory, it'll make more work for us," Connor said. "I'm get paid to pull off revenge schemes. Tyson doesn't get to squeeze free work out of me."

                "I'm not all that surprised. Mallory loads money into this school so they treat his two brats like royalty. Of course they let him do what he wants," Farren said. "It's always about the money and influence in the end."

                "What, Mallory?" Talon asked as he and Nyssa entered the room. "All the money in the world wouldn't give him the ability to outrun us or to put up a good fight. He looks like a bitch."

                "You could punch Patrick Mallory. You'd have to punch a lot of people in jail too, though, because he has the cops in the palm of his hand," Nyssa said.

                "True. He donates a lot of money to the cops and made sure to get in with the right connections," Farren said. "They wouldn't go near the guy. He could publicly execute a baby and the cops would turn a blind eye."

                "Everyone would turn a blind eye except Tyson, which is the most ironic thing I think I've ever said," Talon said.

                "Good last words," Tyson said, entering the room and whacking Talon in the back of the head with a textbook. "Lucky for you, you're so brain damaged a little more injury there won't matter."

                "Ow! Nys, you just going to let him treat me like this?" Talon said.

                "I'm your sister, not your bodyguard, Tal," Nyssa said, shoving him at the desk. "Go sit before you make Tyson angrier."

                "Oh, I've got a swell bad mood going," Tyson said, swinging the textbook at Talon again.

                Nyssa caught it with one hand, which was enough force to yank it from Tyson's hand. She tossed the textbook onto a desk and pointed at Tyson's usual seat.

                "You go sit too before we play a stress relieving game of get down Mr. President," Nyssa said.

                "That is not how get down Mr. President even works," Tyson said, but snatched his textbook and took a seat. "Where the hell is Bishopp? I didn't pick him as a teacher advisor so he could be late."