Chapter 2

Alex's POV

"Jenna, you have no idea. He's seriously the cutest boy ever! He's totally funny, shy at first but really outgoing once you get to know him!" I said as I made her drink. Chelsea had gotten fired for trying to ruin Jenna's drink, so I was now the only person working. I didn't mind much, that was just more time to talk to my customers as I made their drinks.

"Sounds like you've got yourself a classic schoolboy crush on him!" Jenna said, winking. "You should ask him out!"

"Me? No way! I'm good at flirting. I don't ask guys out. I'm a hump-and-dump guy, I barely even know how relationships work! I've only had two boyfriends! Hell, even with Jack I still get hung up on thoughts about how he might be in bed!" I said as I handed her her drink. I looked to make sure no more customers were waiting, then turned my focus back on her.

"And how do you think he might be? Look Alex, let me give you a relationship tip. Sex isn't a bad thing! Whether it's your usual fling, or a real relationship, sex is never a bad thing! Sex is only a bad thing if it's not mutually consensual. And I know for a fact that you always make sure your guys really actually want it." She explained. "So don't be ashamed of having bedroom thoughts. But seriously, how do you think he is?"

"I think he's a top. He likes it rough, maybe even a little kinky, and... hmm, he's probably majorly into biting!" I said. I had a knack for being able to figure out how guys were in bed, no matter their sexuality. I also had an amazing 'gaydar,' so I've never accidentally flirted with a straight guy.

"Well, don't you have amazing deduction skills. If you happen to be talking about me, I can say you got everything right." Jack said, coming up to where Jenna and I were talking. He quickly introduced himself before turning to me. "I bet I could show you... If you want." He said, winking.

I blushed, hard, and for once in my life, I became nervous and stuttery. "I-I um... uhh..."

"Alex! What kind of a flirt are you! I've seen you flirt with many guys and never get nervous!" Jenna teased, acting surprised. "Anyway, I'll leave you two lovebirds alone. Thanks for the drink, Lex!"

"No problem! Tell Tay I say hi!" I said.

"Will do."

I smiled, and turned back to Jack. "Sorry about that. I've known her for a while."

"She seems cool." Jack said.

"Yeah, she is. We've known each other forever. She's like my little sister."

Jack's POV

*a couple weeks later*

I quickly became a regular at Alex's coffee shop. He seemed the type to trust people easily, which played to my advantage. It had been almost three weeks since I first walked into the shop, and we ended up talking for hours on end each time.

"So Vic and Mike decided to throw her into the pool, not knowing she couldn't swim. She didn't talk to them for like a week!" Alex said. "She got her revenge though, she stole Mike's weed and Vic's favorite guitar. They thought they'd gotten broken into!"

I laughed. "Man, your friends are crazy!"

"Yeah, it's pretty great."

"So what's Baltimore like?" I asked suddenly. Where the question came from, I don't know, but I found myself becoming more curious about random things about Alex.

"It can be beautiful. There's a lot of like woods and stuff, so that's cool." Alex said. We talked all the way through his work day, and decided to go grab dinner together once he got off. We walked over to a nearby Domino's and ordered pizza. "Wanna come back to my place? We could watch a movie or something."