Moving

7 Years later - 19 Years Old
Alex's POV
I smile Mama and Dad as I walk into the kitchen, "Good morning Mama, Dad! Sleep well guys?"

Mama looks over her shoulder from where she's cooking hash browns, "Good morning, Baby Girl. I slept just fine, thank you. But you didn't happen to stay up late again to watch Disney movies, right?"

I give her a wide grin. It had been years since we escaped and she's changed quite a bit. Her matted, dirty looking blonde hair now had a golden glow to it and her blue eyes always held a sparkle I rarely saw as a child.

Dad walks over from his seat at the bar and puts his arm around my shoulder, "Mornin' AJ

Dad walks over from his seat at the bar and puts his arm around my shoulder, "Mornin' AJ."

I lay my head on his shoulder like I always do, "Never, Mother! The thought never once occurred in my mind!"

Dad changed a lot too. He actually styles his hair now and he never stops smiling. Unless you knew him, you'd never think he was capable of having an enemy.

Mama gives me a playful glare over her shoulder before continuing to cook the yummy smelling hash browns, "Are you ready to get to the new house? I know you've constantly talked about living on a beach

Mama gives me a playful glare over her shoulder before continuing to cook the yummy smelling hash browns, "Are you ready to get to the new house? I know you've constantly talked about living on a beach."

I nod but don't get to say anything before Dad laughs and ruffles my hair, "Well technically the beach is below the town but once you go for a nice hike to the safer part of the beach, the view is amazing."

I grin and nod again. You see this is what I've been with since we escaped. Mama works as a very famous lawyer for women mostly. She's not an expensive lawyer but she's better than most expensive lawyers. Dad's her manager and bodyguard. She has a bodyguard because let's just say some of her opponents are sore losers and don't take losing lightly. We blame having to move around so much on their jobs as a cover that we're actually running from James.

We've had some encounters with his men but we always got away. We haven't had an encounter in about a year but that isn't a reason to be carefree.

As of now, we're about to move to Newport Beach, California. Mama has a client there being accused of murder and they can't leave the town. I'm starting school there at Newport Beach High School as a senior. Even though I am nineteen, I am still in school. This is because I started late in school but also skipped a few grades.

I tilt my head to the side away from Dad, "Any facts I should know about this town?"

Mama nods, turning her body and pointing her spatula at me, "In your grade is a boy named Damon Jefferson. He's a couple of months older than you and the leader of the number one gang in the country known as the Bloody Scars. He practically rules the town and has slept with every girl in his school. I don't want you to let him have you, understand? Defend yourself if necessary but no killing. I will find out just like I did all this information I just gave you."

I nod and put on a disgusted look on my face, "Ugh! He sounds like bad news and a player. Don't worry Mama. I rather staple his pants on him rather than have him in mine."

Dad laughs and tightens his grip on my shoulders, "That's my girl! I'm pretty sure you'll actually do that if he pushes you enough."

All three of us laugh as Dad and I set the table and Mama made the plates.

As we eat, I look through the kitchen door and in the living room. I stare at the packed up boxes for a minute, thinking of all the times we've had to move when we stayed in so many amazing places with the potential of growing the family.

Time Skip - At The New House

I stare at our new house, wondering what's gonna happen here. I always hope that this is gonna be the one place that everything is gonna turn out great. None of James's attacks, no gang members after my family to turn us over to James for money, no threats from people trying to get rid of us (the bimbos from one of my old schools, don't ask..). But I have a feeling that this is the house where I will meet James again.. and my instincts haven't failed me yet...

I snap out of my trance when Mama calls my name, "Alex! Come help unpack the moving van! You don't have to unpack yet just get them in the house. Then you can go and explore."

"Yes, Mama!" I rush over to the moving van just as she and Dad walk into the house, each carrying two large boxes.

I smile at them as they laugh at something they were talking about. They were always close to each other. I mean Dad was the only one to comfort Mama when she was pregnant with me. Then again, who would comfort you when you're locked in a dark, damp cell belonging to the world's most wanted gang leader and bearing his child? Holden Jackson, that's who.

I stack two large and quite heavy boxes onto each other. I'm about to pick them up when I suddenly hear a whistle. And not just any whistle, a wolf whistle. What jackasses! Now they're in trouble!

•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•

Hey guys! Diva here!

So I wanted y'all to know that the place the Jackson's are moving to is real but the people are not. Not too sure about the school though.

So what do y'all think so far? 

I wouldn't mind if I got some suggestions from the readers, because I know I'm gonna need some. This is because when I get writer's block, it kinda hits me hard and I tend to lose some hope and passion for the book. And I don't want that for this book. :)

Anyway! Hope y'all like the book so far!

Diva Out! 💖✌️