[12] GOODBYE JULY

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

SHE'S TALKING AGAIN

CHAPTER TWELVE

xii. the street fight

--------------------------------------------------------------

THE CLUB STOOD IN FRONT of Sonia Kaspbrak who yanks her son away from them before yelling, pointing at them accusingly.

"You! You did this! You know how delicate he is!" She shouts at them before rushing him into the car. They turn and follow her with their eyes.

"Delicate my ass!" Veronica scoffs, rolling her eyes and stamping her foot in anger. Mike nudges her in the ribs.

"Shut up!" He hisses, giving her a warning look.

Sonia Kaspbrak looks the small girl up and down and shakes her head, smirking.

"I can't believe the Mills of all families had a child like you! It's no wonder why they left," She says looking Veronica in the eye.

Veronica's breath hitches, a pang in her chest. She grits her teeth before opening her mouth. The club stares at her for a moment, they could practically feel the anger radiating off of the small girl.

"Don't talk about my parents," Veronica says, tugging on her scrunchie. About to pull it off and tie her hair up. A common sign that said 'Veronica is more than angry - either exit the situation or sedate her in a way'.

Richie looks down at her wrist and takes notice of her hand gripping at the elastic band of it and snatched her hand away. Holding onto her shoulder to calm her down.

"W-w-we were attacked, M-Mrs. K!" Bill tries to explain, walking forward.

"Don't!" Sonia shouts, opening the car doors down ushering her son into the car.

"Don't try and blame anyone else!" She adds, fumbling with her keys before dropping them to the ground.

They land in front of Beverly, who leans down to pick them up.

"L-Let me help you," She offers to help before jolting back at the sound of Sonia's booming voice.

"Get back!" Sonia shouts, snatching up her keys before leaning down to Beverly.

"Oh, I've heard of you, Ms. Marsh, and I don't want a dirty girl like you touching my son," Sonia's voice gets dangerously quiet and she shakes her head and smirks at Beverly whose face drops at the sound of her false reputation.

"Alright! That's fucking it! Don't go talking about people you don't even know! You bi-" Veronica starts to walk forward, snatching her scrunchie off her wrist and attempting to tie her hair back. She's yanked back by Richie and Mike, who hold her back as she thrashes against them. Richie gives Mike a look, in attempts to get him to get her scrunchie away from her. He understands and snatches it away from Veronica's tiny hands.