28: Sweet and Nice

28: Sweet and Nice

"You fucking idiot!" I said. Those were the first words I uttered as I entered the boys' hotel room. 

After seeing there 'Huge Announcement', I didn't even bother to change or fix my hair, I went straight to their hotel room since they were staying at a place just a few blocks from ours. I could hear a big "Uh oh" from someone. 

"You got that right," I muttered, loud enough for them to hear. I could see the boys doing their own thing. I would have fangirl then, but that didn't matter since I was looking for a certain someone. "Where is he?" I asked them. Obviously, they were trying to protect as they ignored me. "Where the hell is he?" I asked again, louder this time. For the second time, they ignored me. 

There were many doors connecting the room, and guessing, I picked the last one. The luck was with me this time since when I entered the room, all I could hear was Zayn's loud voice as he sang. It was melodic, as always. I would have stopped and listen, but I wasn't here for that. I was so frustrated and angry that I grabbed his earphones out. His eyes sprang open as I did, clearly confused. He saw me in my pajamas with an unruly hair and especially the expression in my face. He clearly understand what I was there for as he said, "Sadie, I can explain."

I gave a sly smile in my head since he used my name and that meant business. He was so fucking right as I said harshly, "No, you listen to me." In return, he looked at me intently. "This is exactly why I didn't tell you. You can't just break the band because of me. Your career is more important than me."

His face became rigid as he said, "No it is not."

Of course he would say that, I thought in my mind. "What about the boys? What the hell were you thinking? Did you ask them to do that?" I asked then shook my head, "Of course you did! They are your friends, Zayn. They are my friends too. You and I can't do that to them. I can't just take away all your dreams, all your hard work, and everything that means the world to you." I shook my head, "It's cruel, selfish, and plain stupid."

After my little speech, the silence was welcomed to the point that it became deafening as it continue to stretch on. Finally, he broke the silence as he said, "It was only a joke."

I lose everything right about there, and I started cursing like a sailor. "Yeah like your fans know that, like they aren't regretting supporting One Direction. You, especially, for being a jackass." He smiled in response. I gave him the look that says are-you-kidding-me? 

"You don't know how it feels like, but I do. These girls basically dedicating their whole lives to you and the boys. I don't fucking care how cliche it all sounds, but you are everything to them." His smile immediately disappeared as I said this. "When they have problems, they turn to you and the boys. You make them happy, and hell that is everything for most of these girls. Even some of them, their lives was saved because of you," I could feel my eyes watering. "Imagine, how it would feel like if one day, your whole world just crushes on you because I am sure as hell that is what they are feeling now."

I let the silence stretched on and then continued,  "I have to be back to uni by tomorrow, Zayn. I hope you fix this mess before you leave. I don't care what it takes, you have to fix this," I said as I headed to the door.

"I am sorry, Sadie," I could hear him say. I did not even bother to look up. 

"They are the reason where you are now, and they don't deserve a fucking joke even if its the best for our relationship." 

I looked at his hazel eyes before finally walking out of the connected room. I could feel the boys' intent gazes on me. I knew that they heard every single word. However, I completely ignored them imagining how the fandom is feeling. I was and am part of that family, and despite everything, I still wanted the best for them even if it means it wasn't for me.