chapter five

I bucked my hips up searching for some sort of friction. The constant grinding of the other boy on me had me on the edge, so pathetically close. He ran a hand down my body stopping where I needed him most. I reached up and tugged at his hair, one of his weaknesses. "Fuck, Calum...” He moaned and grabbed my ass, placing me on his lap so that I was now straddling him. Aligning our bodies, we both shifted our hips. Placing soft kisses on his jaw I reached up and whispered, "I love you." Without waiting for his response I slammed my lips on his and lifted his shirt.

This is it. Sure we've made out before but this... this is new for us. Our passionate encounter ends with the light switch flickering on, and suddenly everything heightens. James punches me across the face and backs away from me. He's yelling at me, yelling endless profanities that he promised he'd always keep me from. "Jamey?" I ask. My Jamey wouldn't do this... He- he said he would tell them. He promised me. "We were just studying and Calum attacked me mom. That fag attacked me!" James says and all the air seeps out of my lungs. What? "Jamey... You said you'd tell her." Maybe this is all a joke. Maybe she knows already. Maybe all the nights we spent and everything I did for him will come through his mind and he'll stand up for me- for us. "You're crazy." He says.
_____________________________

"You don't have to do this." The violent blonde was currently dabbing at my face with an ice pack, rolling his eyes at every wince I made.
"You'd think I'd be here if my mom hadn't threatened my keys?" Liz of course freaked when Luke walked in the house without me. Almost had a heart attack when she found me leaning against her garage door holding my face.

Nevertheless, I was extremely surprised when I found myself being not so gently aided by my attacker. I look at the boy in front of me and I just can't help but wonder why his temper is so out of control. The permanent scowl on his face and the weary, deep blue of his eyes lead me to believe this was caused long before his trouble at school. Maybe a past relationship? My mind shifts to Mia. Was she being serious about them...? Together? The thought of Luke and Mia being in a relationship makes me feel extremely protective over the blonde in front of me but then again it is not very hard to imagine. He’s hot as hell and she’s gorgeous, they’re a perfect match.

I focus out of my jealous daze when I feel Luke staring at me. I feel extremely uncomfortable sitting in silence so I decide to bring her up.

“Do you have a girlfriend?”

“I’m not interested, sorry.” He tilts his head to one side and smirks at me.

I roll my eyes at his weak attempt to tease me, “I’m talking about Mia.”

“How do you know about Mia? Did Ashton tell you something?” He runs a hand through his hair and looks up at me.

“I met her today. I happened to stop by where she works and she told me.” I’m also incredibly jealous of her but she’s impossible to hate.

“Oh…okay.” He doesn’t seem very willing to tell me about her but then again when does he ever talk to me willingly. I decide to not pester him about it much.

The pain acting on my jaw reminds me why I’m even with Luke right now.

“I’m sorry about your car. I’ll swear I’ll figure out how to fix it somehow. I’ll get a job, hell, I’ll even call my parents. I’m just so-“

“It’s fine, Calum.”

“What?”

“You don’t have to fix it. I shouldn’t have let you driven it anyway.”

“What?” I repeat. “What the hell happened to ‘Don’t touch my car or I’ll kill you’? You punched me!”

“Would you rather me explain what you did to my car to your parents? Just shut the hell up Calum.”

Okay now I’m confused. He knows about my parents? How they sent me across the country? As if he was reading my thoughts he confirms about knowing about my current situation, claiming to have overheard a phone conversation from my Aunt to his mom. My mind flashes back to earlier today when I thought I was telling him about me, he already knew everything.

“So you know about him? About James?” His eyes flare up at the mention of James and he nods. My eyes glass over and I feel instantly humiliated. He knows everything. He must think I’m pathetic.

He shifts back and forth on his feet, as if trying to decide what to say. “Listen, Calum.” He starts and looks me straight in the eyes. “He’s a douchebag and you shouldn’t spend your time crying over him.” Is he trying to comfort me? “I mean… What I’m trying to say is… shit. Fuck, I don’t know! I don’t know a damn thing about love or what not, but what I do know is that you won’t be sad forever Calum. I can assure you that.”

(a/n: Heeeeey. Will update frequently this week, so get ready for some more cake action. Thank you guys for reading!)