Day Zero Point Five

Aidan POV
After our phone call Ghaliya arrives on my doorstep craft bin in hand.
"Ali, what are you doing here?" I ask stepping aside so she can stand in the entryway beside me.
"To help with your battle plan of course."
She steps into my living room, sets the overstuffed bin on the couch, and pulls off her second hand Ugg boots. Her coat hangs by the door. Ali straightens the bright, pastel lavender colored hijab on her head then shoots me a dazzling smile.
"Battle plan?"
She rolls her caramel colored eyes. "To get your man, duh."
"Oh!"
"Aidan I love you, but sometimes you really are the definition of a dumb blond."
"Hey!" I poke her ribs playfully. The pair of us break into a fit of uncontrollable laughter. I lead her up to my bedroom and we collapse on my bed. The bin rests in between our bodies, the contents threatening to spill out of it.
"So, what was your idea Ali?" I ask reaching up to tighten the super messy ponytail that sits at the top of my head.
"Are secret admirer Valentines too cliché?" She asks reaching into the bin, presumably for paper.
"I don't think so."
"Hm," she issues a pleased hum. "How would you feel about leaving cute gifts on his doorstep?"
"Um, okay I guess?" I sigh, gazing at my inspirational Harry Potter poster for help. "Where are you going with this Ghalyia?"
"You are going to write secret Valentines to leave in his locker and put goodies on his doorstep. And then on Valentines Day you will reveal your true identity and he will be yours!"
She claps ecstatically.
"Okay, we've got some writing to do!"
The two of us spend the rest of what was supposed to be a calm Wednesday night holed up in my powder blue painted bedroom scheming. It was around nine at night when my best friend was kicked out of my house (by her parents not mine). I change into a comfy pair of patterned leggings with my favorite sleep shirt that reads 'wake me up for the weekend'. I glance over the many posters that decorate my blue room while drifting into a dreamless sleep.