This Deadbeat Town

"Oh.. My... Gosh." I was lying on my bed, my ombré red and dirty-blonde hair spread messily across my pillow. "Today's the day, Sarah. This is the day we meet the loves of our lives. Today, we meet 5SOS. I can't breathe." I turned to my giggling best friend, her face was red as she held in her laugh. Her lightly tanned face was framed with her curly, messy brown hair. "Well you know you kinda have to breathe to live. If you don't live you can't meet Michael. If you can't meet Michael you can't marry him. So breathe!" She shook me roughly, beginning to fake cry. "Breathe, Savannah, breathe!!!" I gasped as she fell back laughing. Then I sat straight up quickly. If she hadn't moved, we would've had the collision of the century. "No, but dude. What if I actually married Mikey? Like holy shit man." I stared at her with my large green eyes. She rolled her own deep brown orbs at me. "Yeah. And I'd marry Robert Downey Junior." "Oh shut up!" I threw my stuffed animal at her.

About an hour later, after getting showered and dressed in sweats, we took off to the mall. This was our favorite mall. It had been the home of so many memories and we'd been going there together for the past ten years. It's where we met our first boyfriends, bought our first coffees and gotten our first kisses. Now, we were seventeen and driving to our first tour gig together. And oh my God, it was with 5 Seconds Of Summer. We went to Charlotte Russe and Hot Topic. I picked up a new Lion King dress that I was going to distress on the way to the concert to go with my baby pink converse. Sarah chose a dark blood red sleeveless crop top with a black circle skirt to go with her new comic strip heels. After our mini-shopping spree, we went to get out hair touched up and then to the airport. We had to fly from Reno to Los Angeles where we were kicking off the tour with the boys. Can I call them that? I don't know...

We got on our flight and landed two hours later.