She came back

Risa's POV

I reached for her hand then held her close to my body.

"I will protect you,"I told her.

But then she released herself from my embrace. She pinned me to the wall, then she came closer and closer until we're only inches apart. She naughtily eyed my lips. She averted her eyes to met mine then back to my lips again. I was waiting for her to closed the distance between usbut she let go off me and told me "I'll be fine..."

Then she disappeared. I called her again and again but she never came back.

"Risa...Risa...!"

I heard someone called my name.

"Risa! Risa, wake up!"

I woke up to find Dani's worried face. Me and Dani were having a sleepover.

"Did you have a nightmare again?" she asked.

She looked really worried so I tried to convince her that I'm fine.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me."

I gave her a thin smile. She sighed.

"If you say so. Hurry up go to the bathroom then, school's start in 20 minutes."

"Haah..?? Why didn't you wake me up sooner? Damn it!"

I rushed to the bathroom and getting ready to school.

"Wait, Risa your breakfast!"

I ate my mom's homemade sandwich while running towards our school.

                                                                         ~~~

Once we arrived, the school gate was almost closed. I was panting heavily. Then I saw Manaka walked towards us.

"You guys are late," she said.

"This kid here gave me a hard time again," told Dani.

Dani plucked my head. I grunted.

"I'm not a kid. And we should go to the class now, we're late already."

I took Manaka's hand and led her to our classroom.

We sat on our usual seats. I sat right behind Manaka and Dani. But somehow my seatmate Aoi was seating next to Berika.

(Hmm. I wonder if she changed her seating because of my cold attitude. *pft* Whatever, it's not like I care about that. )

Manaka turned her head toward me.

"Are you okay, Risa?" Manaka asked meworriedly.

"Don't worry. I'm fine." I tried to reassured her.

A few minutes later, our math teacher Shiraishi-san came into the classroom with a girl that looked so familiar to me. The girl who always appeared in my nightmares.

                                                                            ~~~

"Good morning, class."

"Good morning, Shiraishi-san."

"We have a transfer student today. Nagahama-san, please introduce yourself."

The girl gave Shiraishi-san a slight nod and introduced herself to us.

"My name is Nagahama Neru. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu." She bowed.

Her eyes met mine for a brief moment before she averted her vision.

My feeling was mixed between anger, hatred and longing.

(She have disappeared for 2 years. Why is she coming back now?)

"Please seat beside Watanabe-san." Said Shiraishi-san.

(Nononono. This can't be happening. Shit, she's coming to my direction...!!!)

I tried so hard not to looked at her direction. But to my surprise, she only sat beside me without saying a word. We kept silent the whole lessons. When the lunch time bell rang, Manaka turned her head again. But she didn't looked at me. Instead, she was smiling while looking at Neru.

"Neru-chan, wanna have lunch with me and my friends?" said Manaka.

"Un. Sure~" Neru smiled.

(What just happened??? Did Manaka just asked Neru to eat with us?)

"Let's go?" said Manaka.

Me, Manaka, Dani and Neru walked together to the canteen. Neru walked beside Manaka while I walked between Manaka and Dani.

                                                                                            ~~~

Once we sat at our table, I was about to asked Manaka the question when she suddenly spoke.

"I know you guys wondering why I asked Neru to eat with us. Well, Neru is my step-sister."

"What??? You never told me that you have a sister."

I batted my eyes. Manaka stuttered.

"W-w-well, I might have forgotten. Hehe."

She nervously put her hand behind her neck.

"Anyway uh...Neru, this is my girlfriend Risa. And that's my friend Dani." Manaka introduced us to Neru.

(Hah. If she only now that we already know each other...)

"Nice to meet you guys," Neru smiled.

(That smile, I really hate it. Trying to look so innocent huh? But I know just how evil you are.)

"U-un," Dani gave her a slight nod.

I didn't say anything. More like I don't want to say anything.

"You know, Neru is a genius. She got a scholarship at a prestigious school in England... but somehow she choose to come back here in Japan. What a shame...," said Manaka.

(Scholarship? She never told me about scholarship. Is that the reason why she left me?)

"S-sou desu ka?" Dani awkwardly asked.

"Un. Also she was a very popular girl so I'm sure that she has dated handsome British guys. Right, Neru-chan?" Manaka teased Neru.

I glanced at Neru. Somehow I wanna know if this was true.

"That's not true. I've never date anyone ever since...," she paused.

"Tck. Seriously? Don't tell me you still love your ex?" asked Manaka.

"Saaa... maybe," Neru lightly answered.

Manaka was annoyed by Neru's answer. But somehow I felt relieved by her answer. Our eyes met again. But she quickly averted her eyes.

(Neru...are you- no. I can't do this to Manaka. We've been together for nearly nine months. She always been there for me whenever I need her. I don't wanna hurt her...)