A new start

Techi eyed Neru, then Risa and back to Neru again. She patted Neru's shoulder.

"Are you okay, Neru?" she asked Neru

Neru inhaled and smiled cutely at Techi.

"Daijobu. Don't worry, kay?" she said while ruffling Techi's already messy hair.

Techi blushed lightly and smiled. "I-if you say so..."

Risa eyed the two for a slight moment, then quickly averted her gaze. (There's no way I'll let Neru messing up with my feeling again. I've had enough.)

"Ne, naze Neru sit with Hirate and not us?" asked Manaka to no one in particular.

Risa only silent..

Dani eyed Techi and Neru then turned her head to Risa.

"S-sa~ you're her step-sister aren't you? Shouldn't you know why?" she retorted.

"We haven't talk much since she came back here though. I don't understand why but I think she's been avoiding me."

Manaka sighed.

"What do you mean by avoiding you?" asked Dani.

"Ya know...it's like she's hiding something from me. I heard she was talking on the phone about someone. I think she have a deep feeling towards that person. Whe I asked her about who that person is, she always evaded my question. She always ran away aterwards. She was never like that before. I mean, we're sisters so there should be no secret between us right?"

Risa wanted to scoff at that. (You know nothing about Neru. She's actually my ex-girlfriend whom you hate so much. I want to tell you so bad, Manaka. I really do. But I don't want you to hate me too. For keeping secrets from you. And for betraying you...). Risa looked down.

Dani only answered Manaka with a few words. "Mm. Yeah, you're right."

She's more concerned at Risa, she's been acting weird lately. Of course she knew who's the cause of Risa's strange behaviour. But no matter how hard she tries, there's no way she could make Risa forget about "her" *sigh*

"Are you okay?" she whispered at Risa.

Risa quickly changed her expression and answered. "Hm? Of course. I'm cool."

"Are you s-"

Ringgggggg.....(the school bell ringing)

(save by the bell...huft)

"We got math after this. Let's go. Oshima-san's gonna kill us if we're late." said Risa.

Risa forcefully grab Manaka's arm and roughly drag her to the classroom.

"Uff?! C-chotto..."

Dani could only sigh at Risa's antic.

~~~

At The Classroom

The students were quite when Oshima-san came in. God knows what happen if anyone dare to make any noise on her class. The math teacher is a dictator.

"Good afternoon minna~" Oshima greeted the students with happy-go-lucky tone and a squirrel-like grin.

Everyone were speechless, she rarely smiles when teaching. Always so serious and strict.

Risa raised her eyebrow. (strange...)

Oshima began to explain the lesson. Some students were listening carefully, some trying to keep their eyes open, some just pretending to listen while drawing random doodles. Risa was the second one. Listening to Oshima's boring explanations always makes her sleepy.