Being Fine

Gumball P.O.V

I get to the fast food place Marshall asked me to come to. Where is he? I look around trying not to panic. I take a deep breath. Then a taxi stops in front of me and out of it walks Marshall. He looks so handsome when the sun hits his beautiful black hair and how he smiles when he sees me. It all makes my heart jump. He pays the taxi driver and thanks for the ride and then he turns to look at me. I try my best not to break down. I try my best to not say anything. Last time I saw him things weren't great so of course I'm terrified.

"Man.. You calling me surprised me. I really thought you hated me," he chuckles. His laughter.. And his voice. All too much.

"I don't hate you," I try to say but my own thoughts cut me off. "You're not hurt right?"

"Hmm..?" Marshall looks at me and then he looks at down at himself thinking. "I guess not.. You know let's forget about all that for now. I'm hungry," he announces and walks in and I rush after him. It looks like he's doing fine.. Good. I smile a little.

Marshall P.O.V

We ordered the food and sat down sitting across from each other eating our fries while waiting for the hamburgers.

"So you don't hate me.. That's surprising in a way. I thought I was all the time in your face and it was annoying to you.." I muffle. I probably should stop talking about it or he'll actually starts hating me and leaves. When I look at him he seems to be doing fine. That's good. I didn't completely freak him out.

"Nooo.... I don't hate you. I.. I like you" he says while looking outside with a slight smile on his face.

My heart skips a beat but I stop myself. He doesn't mean it like that. I tell that to myself.

"Heheh... I like me too," I answer with a chuckle. I guess this is easier than letting myself down by coming out. But it hurts still.

Gumball P.O.V

I hide the fact that I'm upset with his response by a chuckle. I guess this how things will go. I'll just sit quiet and play pretend that I'm not in love with him. I look outside the window to see it's raining now.

My train of thought is interrupted by the waiter bringing our food. Then we proceed to eat and chit chat about normal things. Marshall asks about Fin and others and about his band. I tell him they are worried but I don't know much. I leave out the part where I was worried sick.

Marshall P.O.V

We finish eating. I look at Gumball as he stares outside at the rain. He looks so beautiful when he's lost in thought. I would love to look at him like this for the rest of my life.

"Do you like rain?" I ask him randomly. I notice that my question catches him off guard. He takes a moment to collect his thoughts. It causes me to chuckle a little. He's so cute.

He nods. "There's something calming about it. Maybe how it fades out the noises of the world," he muffles.

I agree with him.

Gumball. P.O.V

We walk outside and I feel pain in my chest. Actually I've felt it this whole time but now it's stronger. Looking at him makes me want to do things I'll regret.

"Want to walk to the park before going back?" Marshall suddenly asks.

I nod.

We walk as we both stay silent. Nobody's out because of the rain so we have the place all to ourselves. Somehow that makes me feel even more upset. Marshall stops walking and I stop next to him and look at him to study his moves while trying to fight my own feelings. I love and hate this way he makes me feel. But instead I just keep telling myself I'm fine.

Marshall P.O.V

As we stand in the rain side by side I look up and close my eyes. I let the rain fall on face. It feels so calming.

"You know I wasn't sure if I was ever coming back. Each time I fall apart I start wondering if I'm able to be fine again. This time it hit me harder than ever. I really didn't know if I was going to be fine.." I say softly.

Then I hear him laugh under his breath quietly. I turn to look at him. His pink hair that always stays in shape, is now out of shape and hanging over his pale face. The rain hits his face hiding under something. Is he crying? He turns to look at me with a smile on his face but I can tell he's trying his best not to cry. His lips tremble as he tries to keep up the smile.

"I'm glad that you are still here. I'm glad that every time you made it. I'm really happy that you are still alive. But I'm not the only one... There's so many people who feel this way" he sobbed trying to hold himself together.

Before I get the chance to say anything he starts walking away leaving me alone in the rain. I feel something burning inside of me when I see him walk away. A new kind of pain.

Gumball P.O.V

I tried my best to not start crying but I failed, so all I can do now is just leave before I say something wrong. I turn around the corner and the moment I know he can't see me I break down. I start crying even more. I fall down on my knees in the cold rain, crying my heart out.

I'm happy to see him. I'm happy that he's doing better. I'm happy to know he still wants to live. I'm happy for him. But.. I love him so much it hurts. It hurts to think that we'll never be together. It hurts like hell. But I keep telling myself that I'm fine.

I'm fine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Sorry for the way too long wait! I'll try harder!

Have a lovely day darling~

~xoxo