Chapter 9

I felt like a half-hearted girl. Maybe it was just like what mom said. More than best friends, but less than lovers... I shake my thoughts out of that topic, but it stuck with me anyway. Anxiety overfills me.

"That's not true." Killua said.

'What?! What do you mean? What's not true?' I panic in my mind.

"G-Go home for now.." I told Killua.

"Why?" He ask.

"He can stay for di-"

I interrupt my mom.

"Just go home for now. Your fam-..... I mean it's late. Go home."

He sighs and leaves. As he was out the door, he ask for me. I took a step out too.

"Then bye." He kiss me on the forehead.

I turn red and head inside the house. I look outside to see him smiling at me. It was kinda cold when I went out, I hope he's warm.

'I was about to step on a landmine... His family... don't even care about him except for being the next successor of something. If I'm right, they own a famous company that sells clothing... But they also are assasins.... Wait, do people know that they are assasins?! If not, then their company is to bloom and just a public face...' Now that I thought of this, I worry even more, but since Killua was him, half of my relief was resolved.

"You could at least let him stay for dinner." Mom said. "Now the extra food that I bought is more.."

When I thought of that, I realized that I've pushed him to go home, to the family that he didn't like.... I grab a sweater and didn't care to zip it, and put on my shoes and run out the door.

"Hold up, mom!" I shout as I run into the dark with only street lamps and the moon.

I ran to his house. When I got there, it didn't seem like Killua went home. That made it worst. I went over to a nearby store, no Killua. I ran to a nearby park and all I found was nothing. I start to panic thinking maybe he went out to assasinate people that his parents gave him, maybe he took the long way home, maybe he really was home, maybe he had gone to Gon's house. There was so many options. I went into frenzy mode and panic.

"Hey!" His voice echo through the park.

I turn back relief, only to see Kalluto, instead of Killua. There voices sound almost the same, except in Kalluto's voice, it's a bit higher. Probably hasn't hit puperty yet.

"Uh... I'm sorry to bother you... I'll be leaving.." I said and ran.

"Stop." He said.

I stop for some reason and his gaze hurts like a thousand needle poking into me. He sighs and signal for me to come closer. Realizing that it was dangerous, I was about to run, but I decide to not. That was because of me, that wanted to find Killua. So I came closer and closer until we were close enough for words to be said at normal tone.

"Uh.. so is Kil-"

"Mine first." He interrupt which made me feel disrespect since I'm the older one and I asked first. "Where's Killua?"

"I thought he was home!" That makes 1 less place to find.

"No, he isn't hom-"

"Then bye! I need him!" I said and run to Gon's house.

Out of breath as I reach his house, Gon look stun as he open the door.

"What's wrong?" He ask as I catch my breath.

"Is he there?" I look at him in a worried face. "Is Killua there?"

He smiles and giggles. He points in and puts his pointer finger up to his lips.

"Shh. Killua is currently waiting for me to come back." He said.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. I can not thank you enough." I said as I could see my breath.

"Better get him and get back. It's cold and it's 7." Gon said as he invite me inside.

"Another guest?" A young looking woman comes to the door.

"Wow, so young." I slip out.

"Thank you." She answer with a smile.

"I'm Gon's friend, y/n." I greet her with a smile.

"I'm Mito." She smiles back.

She invites me to stay, but I had to go after I get Killua. She giggles and signal to go upstairs. I bow and go upstairs. I open the door halfway.

"What took you so long, Gon?" He turns and sees me. "W-What are you doing here?"

He blushes and sits in a way that shows his mischievous and blushing acts. I walk in and kneel in front of him.

"What do you want?" He ask blushing.

"Let's go back. Stay for dinner, at my place." I said. "I-I'm also sorry... for not considerating your feelings.."

He chuckles and place a hand on my shoulders. His expression softens and said, "Of course, idiot."

He takes my hand and rush out the door. We put on our shoes and thank Gon and Mito. Killua zip up my sweater and held my hand.

"It's cold. Don't tell me you ran all over the place without zipping your sweater." He said as he walk back.

I stayed silent because it's bull's eyes. He sqeeze my hand.

"Put your other hand in your pocket." He said as he does the same.

"What about our hands... that are... holding...?" I ask as I quiet down.

He puts them in his pocket. I look at him as he look forward us. I couldn't tell if he was blushing or red from the cold or both. I smile to myself. This feeling of be fulfilled by him definitely wasn't something for a best friend. He really was someone I like. We soon arrived home which felt like a short time walking.

"You two are quite late." Mom scold us, but me mostly.

"Mrs. l/n, please don't be angry at her. It's my fault." Killua said.

"Both of you! You two were late." Mom scold us.

Dad was there just glaring at us too. It was like a hundred needles poking at me, but probably even more for Killua.

"She's like a sister. Don't worry." He said.

'....... Now I have been siblings-zoned........ that is worst than best friend zone.....' I thought.

He thinks of you like a sister! What now? What was all the blushing about?! The kiss?! The holding hands?! What does it mean to him?!