Still here

Chapter 46

Sparks P.O.V

It's already night time and we are near the edge of the city. Once we pass by all the shimmering lights there is nothing but open fields and the shine of the moon and stars. I look over to Dan who is sleeping in the passenger seat.

I sigh. "Hopefully I remember where it is" I think to myself.

"You'll remember" I hear dan mutter

I chuckle. "Aren't you suppose to be asleep?" I ask

"Around this area? Not gonna happen" he says

"Do you know if were close?" I ask

He sighs. "Sadly, yes" he says

I gulp. "So where is it?" I ask

"Do you see that huge tree over there?" He asks as he points towards the direction of the supposed tree.

"Yeah" I reply

"A bit beyond it Is our destination" he says

"Oh" I mutter

As the car gets closer to the jeep the more familiar this place is to me. Soon the smooth road turns into a dirt road. Once we are right next to the tree I stop the car and turn off the engine.

"Ready?" I ask

"No" he replies and gets out of the car. I follow him and when we are beyond the tree we see a blue two story house. The house it's self has seen better days now it was old and rugged. Although something that surprised me about this house was that the living room light was on.

"There home?" I ask

"They shouldn't be" said Dan

"Why?" I ask

"Because they told me they wouldn't" he replied and began to make his way toward the house steps. I soon followed and stopped once we were in front of the door. I stepped forward and yanked on the chain around my neck which had a house key connected to it. I placed the key in the keyhole and turned it. There was a slight clicking sound which indicated that the door was open. I slowly opened the door which creaked, alerting anyone inside the house that someone had arrived. I entered the house and placed my hand over my holster. I continued to walk and hear that the television is on even though this house has only enough power in the generator to have the lights on.

"Whoever is in this house, I'm armed" The person warned.

I made my way closer to the living room. Then to my surprise Dan moves in front of me and goes into the living room. I hear something crash and fall on the ground. I rush into the living room only to see someone hugging Dan.

"I can't believe it's you" says the person hugging Dan

"I still can't believe you're here" said Dan

"Wait, you know this person?" I ask

The person hugging Dan looks over to me and it's then that I recognize that the person isn't actually a person but a full fledged virus.

Dan and I are sitting on the large couch while "he" sits on the small couch.

"Why are you still here and what happened to the others?" Dan asked

"Unlike the others I grew fond of this place and got a bit hungry" he said

"Y-you-" I stuttered

"Drained the life force from the others? Then yes" he said

"Virus' can do that?" Dan asks

"Only a certain type but besides that, why are you two back?" He asks

"We came here to pick up something that mom and dad left for me" Dan said as he adjusted his mask

"Why do you wear that silly little mask?" He asks

"You of all things should know" Dan said with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

He chuckled. "My bad, anyway come with me and I'll show you what you're parents left for you" he said as he got up from his seat followed by Dan and I.

"You stay here Spark" says Dan

"No, I promised that I would accompany you on you're mission" I said sternly

Dan shrugs and nod his head and follows him. He then lead us past the kitchen and to the door that lead to the basement.

"The basement?" I ask

He nods with a smirk on his face. He then proceeds and opens the door. We begin to descend down the stairs and stop in front of another door that had a red "x" on it.

"I'm happy you guys get to see what my old room looks like" he said

"Yeah since the last we didn't really have enough time to look inside" said Dan

He chuckled. "Forgive me for that but we were just so happy to see you" he said with a smile.

"Happy?" I ask

"Here I'll show you" he says as he enters the room, Dan and I soon follow. The room is dark but he lights up the room with the lantern that is hanging from the ceiling. I look around and see that the walls are full of markings and a red color.

"Smells like blood" says Dan. His voice sounding very scratchy.

"Control it Dan" I mutter to him

"I'll try" he mutters back.

"Sorry this place is such a mess" he says

"Don't worry about it but what are these marks?" I ask

He approaches a wall and places his hand over the marks which appear to be slashes that were created by a fairly dull knife. "It was the way kept track of the days till you're seventh birthday" he says

"So my parents planned all of this?" Dan asks

"Pretty much" he replies

"They planned to make me a monster?!" He asks with much anger in his voice.

He smiles. "You're not a monster Dan, you're just different from all the other humans" he says

Dan takes a step back in horror.

"Dan just calm down" I say

Dan turns around and wraps his arms around himself. He begins to laugh uncontrollably.

"It's near" I hear Dan whisper.

I look over to him and I see that he is very confused.

"You might wanna take a few steps back" I say

"Why?" He asks

"Because you're life is at stake right now" I say as I adjust the bracelet around my wrist.

"Get out of here Spark" I hear Dan say

"Not gonna happen" I reply

Dan then quickly turns around and I see his virus circuitry has appeared on his neck.

"Oh crap" I mutter.