Introduction

Hi there! I'm so glad you're here. I'm sure you've already guessed, but this book is about... *drumroll* Witchcraft! No, this is not a Book of Shadows (if you aren't sure what that is, we'll cover that later on in this book), but this is merely a guide,  as emphasized in the description. Perhaps you are just a curious person looking to gain knowledge in every way that you can, or maybe you are looking to better understand the mysterious world of Witchcraft to better form your own opinion of it, that way, no one else can shove their bias onto you. Or maybe you yourself are quite intrigued by the subject and are interested in submersing yourself into this lifestyle.

And it is just that: a lifestyle. This is something that I feel I must clear up before we go any further. Witchcraft is not a religion. You may have heard of Wicca. Wicca is a religion. Many Wiccans incorporate Witchcraft into their practice, but there are many Wiccans who do not, in fact, practice Witchcraft. Same goes with Paganism. Or any other religion, really. Witchcraft is a secular practice, meaning it is not formed on a basis of religion or spirituality. Witchcraft can, though, be brought into any religion if the practitioner sees fit.

That being said, there aren't many limits on what you have to be to be considered a witch. You can be of any gender, so let's throw away that stereotype of only female witches. You can have any color of skin or any ethnicity. Any sexual orientation. You don't even have to be a hardcore environmentalist. You don't have to always love everyone and seek to be good all the time. You don't have to be scary or a pessimist, and you don't have to curse people. Or you can, if you see fit. Even if you are in the city, you can be a witch. You can be anywhere to be a witch. Yes, you can love science. And yes, you can make mistakes. You don't have to be a natural.

I got some of those things off of Pinterest (about how anyone can be a witch), if any of you recognized it. The link to the exact post will be at the end of this chapter.

To continue off of that, I will give the source of any information of I can.

Anyway, there really are no limits of what you have to be, but that doesn't mean you can do anything and expect things to work. Practicing Witchcraft requires a lot of research. And I mean a lot. That being said, if you are really interested in it, it shouldn't be too daunting. It'll be quite interesting, actually. Well, maybe not at first. I mean, it will be interesting (or it should be) but it could be very intimidating when you first start learning something, even if you aren't completely new to the Craft.

If you have happened upon this book, then I thank you. I don't expect many to find it, but if you have, I hope it will help you. I will do my best to give you as much accurate information as I can and lead you to other sources in order to further your understanding.

Edit: I, like everyone else, am always learning. To make it easier on you and to keep organization simpler, I will frequently edit and add onto these chapters, so be sure to check back if you want some more information! I might have some more information.

Pinterest Post: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AS6B1BgMU4T6a6dDLZn5qSJvt4a7KoDSEMxosUaoDZndLVTagYvBX2A/