Chapter 16: Did you dye your fur?

A/N: Warning, there will be some gruesome descriptions and some blood and gore. If your're not comfortable with that, please skip this chapter. There will also be a gruesome death. YOU... HAVE... BEEN... WARNED...

Sonic P.O.V.

There, lying in a crumbled bloody heap on the floor was Amy. I knelt down to her, getting extremely bloody.

"Amy, please no." I whispered.

"I didn't want to lose you." Amy whispered.

"But now I will lose you." I told her.

"Live the good life, don't worry about me." She said.

"No! We'll get you to a hospital." I said already crying.

"It's too late. I'm not going to make it." She whispered.

I cried harder.

"No! Please! Amy!" I whimpered.

"Always fight the good fight. I love you." She whispered, before her eyes closed and the precious soft beating of her heart stopped.

"NO! AMYYYYYYYYYYYY!" I yelled.

I felt myself being taken over by another being, something darker. My fur changed to a dark blue and I flew up into the air. My pupils disappeared leaving only white and there was only one thought on my mind.

'Kill. Kill the one that killed her.'

I tried to fight it but I couldn't. Dark Sonic had taken over. I floated over to Eggman. 

"You. It's your fault." I yelled at him.

"No! I didn't want to kill her, only you!" He yelled back.

I mumbled something under my breath.

"What was that?" He asked.

"This!" I answered.

I shoved my hand through his chest, reaching through several layers of skin and grabbed his heart, I felt it pulse in my hand and I pulled it out. The beating stopped in my hand and I felt oceans of blood dripping down. Eggman slumped to the ground, defeated.

I turned to Scourge who was whimpering and crying.

"Please! Don't kill me." He begged.

"Give me a good reason." I told him.

I punched Scourge in the face.

"SONIC! Stop!" 

I heard a yell from the other side of the battle. I flew over to them.

"Quiet fools!" I yelled at them. "You may be spared."

I didn't want his to happen. I was yelling at my friends. The people that had stood by me since the very beginning. And I was threatening to KILL them?!?! Yet, I had no control. I couldn't stop it, my anger was fueling it. I looked over and noticed that Scourge had made a run for it. 

"ARGH! It's your fault! You distracted me!" I yelled.

I punched Tails causing him to fly backwards and hit Cream. I threw a punch at Maria but Shadow stepped in the and got hit instead. Shadow teleported around not being able to land a single punch on me. He teleported close to me and I attacked. He fell backwards, his arm lying in a limp position. 

"Sonic! You're better than this!" Cream yelled.

"What would Amy think of this?" Blaze asked.

I kicked her in the head causing her to go unconscious. But then, I started thinking. What were Amy's last words.

'Fight the good fight. I love you.'

That was it. I was definitely not fighting the good fight right now. Attacking our only friends, and committing murder!!!! I started fighting against Dark Sonic. Knowing there was only one way to defeat him, I picked up a knife. I floated over to Amy, kissed her and whispered.

"Don't worry. I'll see you again soon."

And I plunged the knife into my heart. Pain coursed through my chest, yet I didn't feel like I was dying. I felt like I was living! More than I was before. I flew up into the air and my fur was changing colour again. It was becoming golden! My pupils appeared again but this time red. I flew through the air, I had become Super Sonic. I picked up Amy and flew into the air again. I gave her a small kiss and set her down again. I walked towards the gang, who were huddled together and afraid.

"I'm sorry." I said.

Tails ran up to me and hugged me.

"Sonic look!" Cream yelled pointing behind Sonic.

There was a flash of golden light and I turned around. A beam of multicoloured light was shining down on Amy's body. I quickly ran over and stared. 

When the lights faded, the sight took my breath away.