Chapter Ten

2 days later

I was settled back at home. I had gotten back to school today and since its Thursday it wasn't so bad. School was boring as always but I missed Jamie and my other friends. I was cooking myself a grilled cheese for dinner. I was so tired and way too lazy to make anything else. As I sat at the table and ate my phone buzzed in my pants pocket. I finished eating and put my dishes in the sink. I leaned against the counter after cleaning up my mess and pulled out my phone. I saw I had a text. It was from Liam.

Liam:

Hi love. I gave the rest of the lads your number. How are you? I would've texted you sooner but we had a photoshoot and interview that we had to get out the way to officially be on break.

I texted him back I understand you're busy boys. And I'm okay. Yourself?

I walked to my bedroom and got some clothes so I could shower and get to bed.

***

I had finished getting dressed after I showered and I was now laying in bed. I did not want to go to school tomorrow, it felt good to be off for those few days I spent with the boys. I leaned over and grabbed my phone off my nightstand. I had 6 text messages. I checked them all. One was from Jamie, four were from unknown numbers and the last one was from Liam. I texted Liam and Jamie. Then I asked who the unknown numbers were. One by one I was replied too. I found out the four unknown numbers were the lads. I programmed the boys numbers into my phone then I responded to all of them but Louis'. I don't think I could talk to him. Not after that kiss. My crush would worsen. I don't even want to think about him. One of the texts that intrigued me was the one from Harry.

Harry:

Louis has been a mess since you left. That kiss didn't help his case one bit. I think you should text the lad back. Haylee, I wish you would give this a chance. I will make sure he won't hurt you, just try this out.

I bit my lip and replied with I'll text him back Harry. I don't know what I want to do. chill okay.

I then texted Louis: so what's up?

He texted back: just up late with harry.

I completely forgot about the time zones. it was 10 here so it had to be about 3-4am over there.

Why are you up at this time? I texted him.

Can't sleep. he simply replied.

Oh. I simply replied.

Can I call you? he texted me.

I anxiously pondered on whether or not I wanted to speak with him over the phone, but said yes anyways. My phone rang and I immediately picked up.

"Hi." I said.

"Hey." Louis said.

"What do you exactly want?" I asked.

"Why do I have to want something?" He laughed.

"I dunno" I said.

"Well, I do want to discuss something." He said.

No, I didn't want to think about this. yet like an idiot I replied "fire away."

"That kiss, it obviously meant something to you. I felt it. You kissed back. I know you like me back. I talk with Harry you know." Louis said being straight forward with this.

"Louis, I don't want to discuss this." I said.

"No, haylee. We need to discuss this. I am going insane dwelling on it. You have me foolishly liking you despite we haven't known each other more than a fucking week." Louis said with a hint of anger in his voice.

"How do you think I feel! I've liked you ever since I have been a fan of yours." I said a bit loud.

"No, this is different. You've had a fangirl crush, but after we met it became a real crush." Louis said.

"I know but I don't want to discuss this. we can't be a thing!" I said.

"We can! you just are scared." Louis said pissed.

"You know what, yeah I am scared. You are a teenage heartthrob, you can have any girl in the world and I am going to be hurt in the end as you move on to another girl." I said.

"Please, just give me a chance. I won't hurt you. I promise." He said with a sad tone to his voice.

"Louis-" I tried speaking

"please" He cut me off.

"We are all the way across the world. This could never work. I am going to go Louis. I am sorry." I said as I hung up in his face.

I felt sick as I went to bed that night.

***

I couldn't focus on any of my schoolwork that day. I went to lunch and sat at my usual table with Jamie.

"You look like shit." Jamie said as she sat down with her lunch.

"Thanks" I said.

"You didn't get sleep last night, what happened?" She asked.

Jamie knows everything. She reads me like a book. I'm glad to have her. I explained what had happened last night. Then came the opinion I didn't want.

"Haylee, you should just give it a chance.  Louis fucking Tomlinson from One Direction likes you for crying out loud, give it a damn chance." She said.

"I can't."I said and stood up from the table. I got up and went out of the crowded cafeteria.

I ended up walking around the school hoping to escape my thoughts.