Chapter Eleven

I went home that day and didn't bother to talk to Jamie. She is my friend. Wasn't she supposed to agree with me? Why would she tell me to give Louis a chance? Couldn't she see how in the long run I would get hurt? Whatever. I went about my normal day.

After I ate dinner I turned on the TV and decided on finding something to watch. As I flipped through the channels nothing caught my eye. Everything was either boring or stupid. I finally decided on watching Spider Man which was playing on Fox, it was just near the beginning, it was where Peter passed out after being bitten by the spider. About an hour later my eyelids were becoming heavy. I fell asleep not caring what time it was.

I awoke with a jolt as I heard my doorbell being rang. What time was it? I checked my phone that was next to me on the couch. It was only 9:13. I thought I had been asleep forever. I got up and rushed to my front door. I unlocked it and opened it. I drowsily rubbed my eyes then was surprised at who was standing in front of me.

"What are you doing here Louis?" I asked.

"I wanted to see you." He said.

"Hold on a minute." I said shutting the door quickly.

I needed a moment to compose myself.

I leaned against the door and racked my brain on ideas on how to get him out of here. Why does he want to see me? I don't want to see him. I don't want anything to do with him. I opened the door to see Louis biting his lip as he stared at the ground. God, he was adorable. stop Haylee.

"Louis, why are you really here? I don't want anything to do with you!" I said with a hand on my hip.

"Haylee. Please. I want to give this a go, but you're being so difficult." He responded.

"Louis. I've already explained myself to you." I said annoyed.

"Please. Forget about that all, just try to give this a chance!" Louis begged his voice getting a bit louder.

"I don't know if I could." I said.

"I like you Haylee. I can't ignore these feelings." He said.

My heart instead of my brain began doing some thinking as I slowly liked the idea of giving into this.

"Let's just be friends for a bit. Then maybe I'll think about it. Okay." I said as I gave in.

I can't believe this. What am I getting myself into.

"Thank you." He said.

"Do you want to uh, come in?" I asked.

Louis nodded so I stepped aside allowing him to come in. I shut the door behind him and locked it. I then walked into the living room as Louis followed. I gestured for him to sit on the couch, as did I.

"How are you even down here?" I asked grabbing the remote to mute the TV.

"I bought the next plane ride to here after we got off the phone.. I needed to see you and try to talk to you one on one and face to face." He replied.

"Oh." I simply said.

There was an awkward silence.

"Where are you even staying? When are you going home?" I asked breaking the silence.

"I was going to get a hotel after I had talked to you. And I actually don't know when I am going home. I needed to see how this turned out." He admitted.

I was going to regret this but I blurted out "do you wanna stay here?"

"No. I can get a hotel, its fine." Louis said.

"You can stay here. I insist. You guys let me stay at your house, let me return the favor. And wouldn't there be paps anyways?" I said.

So much for not wanting anything to do with him.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Thank you Haylee." He said.

"What did the boys have to say about this?" I asked.

"Everyone didn't like it except for Harry. They said it was going too far, but I'm glad I did it." Louis said with a small smirk.

Then there was more silence.

"We should do something tomorrow night, as friends." Louis said.

I gave him a funny look.

"You agreed to be friends. So we should at least hang out, do things y'know." Louis said.

"Okay. Just as friends." I emphasized.

"Just as friends." Louis said.