Breaking Tradition

I wonder around my favorite place to buy some wine...

T.O.P hyung was able to come with me and pick some nice bottles. A great Christmas Party needs great wine, and I'm planning something special. I have something different in mind for this year. I'm good at throwing a loud flashy party, but this time I want something a bit more classy and personal.

I'm staring up at a bottle when I feel someone bump into me.
"Oh I'm so sor- hey! What are you doing here young man?" I look into Kathy's smiling face.
I smile back surprised,"Oh hi! Good to see you!"
She nudges me,"What are you up to?"
I grin,"I'm avoiding my counselor."
She snickers,"Well meeting your rehab counselor in a wine shop isn't very good is it?"
I nudge her back,"You and I both know I'm not a drunk. It was one mistake."
She shrugs,"Maybe, that's yet to be seen."
I huff a bit as my hyung walks up to me. He cocks an eyebrow and I grin at him. "Hyung, this is Kathy, a...friend."
Kathy smirks at me before turning to see who I'm talking to. Her eyes widen a bit as she extends a hand,"Hello! Nice to meet you! I've heard many good things about you."
T.O.P hyung shifts the bottle he's holding to shake her hand. He gives his signature smirk out of habit, and Kathy actually blushes.
I roll my eyes,"Really?"
She just gives me a slight elbow.
"It's nice to meet you Kathy. Ri, this one is really good. I say some of this and some white just in case."
Kathy looks up at me,"You're being careful right?"
"Yes Eomma," I pat her head.
She swats my hand away just as a gorgeous woman walks up to us. My eyes immediately snap to her and Kathy looks the same direction. I recognize her from the photo in Kathy's office, but the vision before me is far more stunning. The evidence of her Korean father is obviously there, but I see some of Kathy's features as well. A perfect blend of East and West in one breath taking woman. I pin on my most charismatic smile.
"Oh hi Sweetie! Seungri, T.O.P, this is my daughter Laurel."
She gestures toward us both. Her daughter stops in her tracks when she sees who her mother is talking to. Her eyes widen slightly before she gives her mom a What the Hell? sort of look. Kathy snickers and motions her daughter forward. My hyung snaps his fingers in front of my eyes, and it's only then that I notice I'm staring slack jawed. I clear my throat, and he snickers a bit.
"Hello," he bows slightly and extends his hand, "I'm Seung Hyun, but you can call me Tabi if it's easier."
Laurel takes his hand to shake while bowing slightly. She turns to me and extends her hand with a bright smile. Those eyes, the color of whiskey, make my heart flutter as soon as I look into them. I shake her hand and smile.
"It's nice to meet you. I'm also Seung Hyun, but you can call me Seungri or Ri."
She nods,"It's a pleasure to meet you both. I like your music very much."
Kathy snorts,"That's a bit of an understatement."
Laurel blushes a delicious shade of pink, and I can't help but blush too. Something I almost never do.
Kathy smirks at me and nudges Laurel with a wink, "We were just about to get some lunch boys. Would you care to join us?"
Laurel turns a deeper shade of pink and nudges her mom back.
Kathy snickers, "What? It's not everyday I get to ask two handsome young men to lunch."
"Oh! So now I'm handsome! I'll win you from GD yet," I tease her.
She gasps, "Ri! How could you ever say such a thing! That man has my heart in his pocket."
Laurel snickers,"Does he know about the tattoo?"
I wriggle my eyebrows at Kathy,"Tattooooo?"
She swats my arm,"Never mind about that are you coming?"
"Arasso, I'll come along. Hyung?"
He bows slightly,"I'm sorry, but I really must be going. Maybe I'll see you at the Christmas Party?"
I beam at Laurel,"Oh yes! You two have to come! I'm having a Christmas Party, nothing to big, at my place next week. Could you come?"
She blushes again and looks to her mother.
"Will Ji Yong be there?" Kathy asks with wide eyes.
I snort,"Yes."
She does a real gasp this time,"I'm there! Although I probably shouldn't be going since I'm your councillor."
T.O.P hyung looks at me with a smirk.
"Soooo, about lunch..."

I order the wine for my dinner party, and leave with Kathy and Laurel for a little cafe I like a block away. Hyung says goodbye to the two ladies graciously and leaves for an appointment. We settle into a corner booth in the cafe. I come here often, so they know to seat me somewhere a bit out of sight. I love my fans, but it's nice to be able to go somewhere like anyone else would go. Kathy and Laurel sit next to each other across from me. I can't tear my eyes away from Laurel. Every time she catches me looking she blushes more, only causing me to smile. I've never been shy a day I my life, but seeing her get shy under my gaze makes me shy too. I start to wonder if Kathy was serious about me not pursuing her daughter. Only one way to find out...

"So Laurel, what do you do? Are you in school, or already out working?" I ask.
She brushes her hair behind one ear, it's adorable.
"I've been studying makeup techniques. I want to do movie makeup," she gives me another shy smile.
Kathy beams over her menu,"She's really good too! How could anybody as beautiful as her not be able to make the world pretty?"
I smile over my menu at Laurel, "How indeed."
Laurel turns bright red, and Kathy gives me a suspicous glance before continuing to read her menu.
"Do you think you two can make it to my party? It should be a nice time."
She gives me a grin, "I'm sure I can, but will it be alright?"
I grin back, "Of course why not?"
She looks at her hands, "Well you're famous and all. You might not want us there."
Kathy snaps her head up, "Ji Yong is gonna be there so, so am I!"
"Geez Kathy," I roll my eyes," So will you be bringing a plus one?" I ask as casually as I can.
Kathy snaps her eyes at me.
Laurel blushes, "Oh no. I won't bring a date. I'll just be Eomma's date."
I can't hide the joy on my face, but it quickly gets wiped away when I see the scowl Kathy is giving me.
Laurel excuses herself for a moment,and Kathy gives me a glare.
"Ri, I see what you're doing here."
I give her a innocent stare.
"Yeah right, wipe that look off your face and listen."
I snap to attention and look her in the eye.
She nods,"Good. Now I admire you young man, but I LOVE my baby girl. If you start chasing her let me make one thing clear. I don't care how famous you are, how rich you are, how ANYTHING you are. If you hurt my angel in ANY way, I will stomp a mudhole in you and then walk it dry. Are we clear?"
I nod, "As crystal."
She beams at me, "Well done."

Laurel comes back, and we have a very nice lunch all three of us. It feels like family, and for a moment I'm not lonely.