V

HEADS UP - I wanted this chapter to be long and sweet and cute, but umm, that didn't happen. Sorry. It's a lot shorter than I wanted it to be, but at least I updated! :)

~

I woke up to a few messages,

Hazel, this is Zander.

You must be sleeping, talk to you in the morning I guess.

Hazel, if you gave me a phony number I'm going to be quite pissed. Please text me.

Honestly, I giggled a little at the fact that Zander thought I may have given him a phony number. As if, maybe that would've been a smarter alternative.

I texted back; I was busy, sorry I missed you.

Not more than a minute later, I received a reply from Zander.

He wanted to know if I was free to hang out today.

I'm assuming he got the wrong idea about us; we aren't ever going to be an us. I thought friends was pushing it, but hanging out on a regular basis, that can't happen.

I let him know that tonight was the christmas dance, and I'm dead sure he knew that him joining the three of us at the dance was completely off limits.

I eventually snapped out of that thought, which brought me to the curent; mom was calling me from the living room.

I was having exclusive problems breathing at the moment in time, so I turned off my BiPap and came to see what was up.

"Did you see this?" She asked holding up a colorful envelope.

I took it from her and opened it to reveal an invitation from Patrick and Samantha.

"It's tonight."

"You're going, right?" I asked.

"Of course!"

"Send them best wishes from me!"

"I will." She smiled.

Seeing that invitation really lifted my spirit. True love existed in someone else's life other than mine.

No matter what happened, or who came into my life, Gus would always be my one and only true love.

"Oh, and also, Kaitlyn's mom dropped this off earlier this morning."

I left the invitation, picked up the dress and held it up to me; "You like it, right?"

"It's gorgeous, Hazel!"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Thanks for coming!" Kaitlyn greeted me at the gymnasium door.

"Yeah, sure. Anytime. How can I help?"

She led me over to a stack of chairs , followed by several tables all cluttered together.

They all needed to be placed evenly apart with four chairs at each, and covered with a thin lace cloth.

I started on that while Kaitlyn organized a team to help set the tables. At this rate we may just finish before lunch.

Time passed swiftly and before I knew it, Kaitlyn was gathering everyone up together.

"I would like to thank everyone for coming out today! I deffinetly couldn't have done any of this without you all! See you guys tonight!"

I walked towards the door as my phone began to ring.

"Hello."

"Hey, what's up?"