VIII

Life is living, death is dying, and I'm all bundled up with Zander somwhere in between. 

I still can't put it all together, and I'm not so sure it's right, but what I felt last night was genuine.

I promised myself, anyone but him. Now, see where that got me. Honestly, even if I could do it all over, I wouldn't change a thing.

I peeked open my eyes to reveal a bland hospital wall. I groaned, waking up Zander.

"Uh," He lifted his head out from under mine and began rubbing his eyes. I laid flat on my back and stared at him, mesmerised by his stunning smile. "You let me fall asleep, ugh."

Zander pulled his phone out of his pocket and announced the time.

"It's that late? Oh my god." It hit me; Isaac.

"What's wrong, baby?" 

My cheeks turned cherry red. 

"I need to see Isaac. I need you to take me to Hanks office."

"But how? You have to wait until your doctor releases you."

"We can't wait any longer, I need to see him now."

"So what do you want me to do?"

"You have to break me out of this hospital." I smirked, "Oh, and get a wheelchair. I haven't walked in seven days."

Zander agreed. He pecked a quick kiss on my forehead, and left. Not long after, he returned with a wheelchair. 

"My BiPap is over in the corner."  

He nodded.

I disconnected my tubes from the hospitals' tank and reconnected them to my BiPap. Zander called in my nurse and demanded for her to unattach all the tubes connected to me.

In no way was this harmful, I promise.

Reluctant enough, she also released me at hand.

Zander wheeled me out of the wide hosiptal doors and out along the side-walk towards the parking garage. He hurried as fast as he could to get to his car.

His car was all beat up and it looked as if he has wrecked it. 

"What's up with your car?" I asked as he lifted me out of the wheelchair and carried me bridal-style into the passenger seat.

"I'll tell you everything later, I promise. Now, where the hell is Isaac?"

I told him the name of the office and he typed it in on his phones GPS. 

Kaitlyn and I texted back and forth several times before we finally arrived.

She met us at the entrance and led us to the front desk. Zander released his tight grip on my hand and wondered off.

"They're with me." Kaitlyn announced to the dark, slim man that was filing papers at the desk. "Here to see Isaac." She added.

He spoke into a phone that soon alerted Hank that we were here, he greeted us and had us all sit down while we waited for Isaac. 

"Have you seen him?" I asked Kaitlyn.

"Not since last night, last night when you screamed at him over the phone, I don't understand you, Hazel."

"I'm sorry, I just- yeah, I'm sorry."

"It was an ass move, but I forgive you. And I'm sure Isaac will too."