eight: sitting ducks

By the way I don't do the time people do in Japan so just bare with the inaccuracy of it. Or we'll anything going along with Japanese culture...

________

At 8:43 a.m. on a Tuesday, Midoriya Izuku was rescued.

Izuku was rushed to the ER for immediate surgery. Shards of glass were found lounged in his forehead, two shattered bullet pieces in his left shin, his original wounds from when the class saw him leave, his knuckles were bruised, slight parallel lines from the leather were found on his wrists ankles torso and his head. A broken nose, right arm, and both his legs. Not to mention the eight torn muscles in his back. It's was unsightly even for the surgeons who were trained for occurrences as these.

All Might had alerted Inko Midoriya as soon as he could, she sounded so overjoyed that her little boy was found. He also alerted Aizawa during school hours, who informed class 1-A. Their moods instantly lifted above all expectations. The principal allowed early release for everyone, even paying the expenses for the trip.

Everyone raced to the hospital when the train brought them to the city. They couldn't get there fast enough, however when they did arrive, a sleeping mother rested in the waiting room for word on her son's condition. Which meant they couldn't see him.

The room only meant for a few was now crowded with all of class 1-A, Aizawa, Inko Midoriya, and Mrs. Bakugo who transported her friend over.

Time passed and everyone was asleep, they had been waiting for three hours and there wasn't much else to do. The students who sat in the limited seats acted as pillows for the students on the floor with their knees. The others leaned up against the wall, Katsuki Bakugo one of the few. He didn't know what to do, he hated the freaking nerd but he couldn't just not come. He wanted to know what happened. Everyone did, what happened to their friend that he needs this much of surgery?

Their sleep was restless and uncomfortable. Anything for Midoriya though, for all they knew he could have been near death but somehow escaped.

While everyone were sitting ducks in the hospital, pro heroes and police forces searched and raided the area where he was found. Small patches of blood left a trail to the villain's hideout, though when they came in guns blazing, the whole place was destroyed. It was clear a battle had broken out. All the lights were broken, every piece of glass shattered, and a whole in the wooden flooring reaching 30 stories below them. Leading to a small all black room with a steel table, two indents in the center matching size 7 shoes.

Goons littered the floors completely KOed. They were arrested on the spot in groups. However...the master minds behind the League, the operation, were no where to be found.

^^^

While the others were waiting, the doctors got to work. Small but precise removal of foreign objects took at least an hour. It was nerve racking, so many pieces of glass and broken bullets scattered around from where the point of origin was. Many X-rays were conducted to be certain of a complete removal.

The hospital had called in every healer type quirk user they knew of who could help. Recovery Girl being one of them.

She dashed into action, using as much power as she could, Izuku's broken bones ceased and his minor scrapes and bruises healed. The only bone she couldn't fix was his nose, she had already used beyond her average amount of power. With that alone he would be out for a long while, they were surprised by how much stamina she could use of his. Next another healer came in, she removed the infection of his wounds. Which cleared up most of them so several stitches could be done. They had used surgical thread so they would dissolve over time. There were only a couple of places he had needed the stitches, Shigaraki's knife wound, an a small cut on his cheek to prevent scaring being examples.