fourteen: a constant?

After the occurrence at UA Izuku was taken to the hospital. Only a few hours after going to the nurse he lay on a chair wired with suction cupped monitors. Doctors asked him questions, some resulting in a attitude change.

It's been a while since he had his blood drawn, something he wasn't too eager to get done again. Though it was necessary unfortunately. He sat restless done with everything, he's been through all of these things before and they do nothing! How much longer until someone can say that they know what's going on? "Izuku sweetie what's wrong?" Mrs. Midoriya asked seeing his monitors spike.

He looked over to her with red eyes, "Noth—" he fought to get words out for a moment before releasing a long sigh returning to normal. "It's just frustrating, I'm sorry for all this Mom." She immediately looked horrified and pulled him into her chest, her arms around his head.

"Honey don't you ever apologize for this, I don't want to hear it okay?" She said in a harsh tone, it's been a while since she had to sound like that in front of him. "None of this is your fault. It's all those awful villains, they did this." Inko's vocie grew quieter with each word eventually breaking. "Please Izu don't ever think like that." She released her son from her bear hug, his eyes were caring and had this deep sadness to them.

It was his fault. He made his mother worry sick and his quirk made them take him. Izuku never even doubted the blame, it was between two people: Izuku Midoriya and the Shigaraki Tomura (and maybe All Might). Though that's not exactly something he could just tell her, "Yeah Mom, you're right."

A faint knock could be heard on the wooden door in front of them followed by, "Please excuse the intrusion." The door opened revealing a doctor with round spectacles and a grave expression that sent chills down the Midoriyas' spines. "Your results have come back, and we noticed that the injection that Shigaraki gave you was only supposed to be temporary." He paused looking at the twos' confused faces, "Whatever this poison is, it's been a constant in your day to day life."

Izuku's eyes turn gold, "Wh-what do you mean a constant? How is that even possible?" Panic lacing his voice and tears welling up. His breathing grew jagged before Inko placed her hand on his head calming him down. He let out a breath, green eyes now. "That shouldn't be possible unless someone put it in my drink everyday or something."

"That's the most likely conclusion, though who is the real question here." The doctor said with his seemingly permanent grim expression. "Do you have any idea?"

Izuku shook his head thinking long and hard, "Not particularly," once again he gained black eyes. "I always get my own food and drink, well except when I need to—" the two Midoriyas' came to the same answer at the same time, golden eyes took over, "Mom I think it's–"

^^^^

Izuku's wrist burned under the bandaids. The night seemed to pass in a blur, soon the sun took over and he had to attend school. This time though, he was alone, no nurse, just him. Midoriya was almost completely healed by now, yeah he had a couple scars and his wrist that started bleeding yesterday was still cut up, the nurse's quirk could only help him so much, but other then that he was as fit as a fiddle.

Midoriya walked to school blending into the sea of UA students. Hopefully all his friends will act like nothing happened, however he was planning on avoiding Todoroki and Kacchan as much as he could (he can't remember why but he had this feeling he should).

Strolling into the classroom quietly he saw everyone huddled together towards the back whispering. Curious he placed his things on his desk and tip-toed over miraculously not being noticed. Guess I'm getting better at sneaking around, he thought to himself.

"Do you think he'll show?"

"He did leave early yesterday, who knows."

"Maybe he had something manly to do!"

"Or maybe he was on a date wi—ow!"

"Ribbit."

Slowly Midoriya went behind Uraraka and whispered into her ear, "What're we talking about?" In response she shrieked and sprinted behind Iida. "Hey guys!" He said throughly enjoying her reaction. "Sorry about that Uraraka didn't mean to scare you like that." He lied of course.

"Mid-Midoriya!" The class stuttered surprised to be caught. He answered with another "hey" before asking again what everyone was talking about (even though he heard some of it.)

Kirishima was quick to cover up "Oh nothing just the results of that manly game yesterday." Midoriya flinched at yesterday but recovered with a smile.

"Really? How was it? Sorry I couldn't watch the whole thing." He apologized.

"Rockin'" Jiro answered enthused. An awkward silence lingered around the teens and everyone desperately wanted it to be cease.

Tsuyu was the one to break it first, "So Midoriya, we were wondering what happened yesterday, you left early and Todoroki came back late with a teacher–"

"What teacher?" Izuku asked cutting her off.

Perplexed why he had asked that question among many she answered unsure, "I don't know his name but he was blonde and frail looking (kero)." For a brief moment Izuku looked panicked however he resided to a blank face nodding. "Why?"

"O-oh well I was just curious, I thought he got in trouble or something..." he laughed uneasy.

"Kero, so what happened yesterday Midoriya why'd you leave early." Tsuyu asked once more growing slightly impatient with his stalling. The class agreed wanting to know, they hated being out of the loop.

"I popped a few of my stitches," Bakugo who was sitting in his seat on the opposite side of the group started paying attention at that. "And Recovery Girl was out of the medicine I need to put on it so I had to go to the doctors." Izuku held up his wrist as proof, that's some of what happened at least.

"What about Todoroki, do you know what happened with him?" Uraraka pipped in hoping to tie in loose ends.

"I don't know, last thing I remember was going inside because of the stitches and going to the nurse." Izuku was at this point being genuine, though he could feel Kacchan's blazing glare his way.

"That's a relief it's good to know you are all better," Iida said in his normal serious tone. Though he followed up with, "Midoriya you've missed a lot of school work so don't fall behind!"

Izuku sweat dropped, "Yeah it's gonna take a while to catch up huh?"

Suddenly Uraraka jumped up repeatedly, "Oh oh I have an idea!" She halted movement and excitingly pointed her finger at Midoriya with a grin. "We can start a study group!" He contemplated this for a hot second, before cheerily agreeing. After all he will no longer have any mood swings after yesterday.

Everyone seemed to arrive early today, it was still 20 minutes until class began so they had time to set everything up. Though in that time Todoroki walked through the doors, he and Izuku made eye contact, "Mid–" he cut himself off when Izuku quickly looked away involving himself in the conversation again as if nothing happened. So he does remember something, Todoroki thought slowly walking to his desk briefly meeting Bakugo's eyes as well which demanded "We're talking about this later."

_____________________

Wow okay this is bbbaaaaaaaaaddddd. Oh well sorry I tried my best. But don't worry plot whole will fill up next chapter.

Side not I haven't even looked at this is forever,,,,sorry ladies and gents, still love ya though <<<<3333
2/12/19