I'm Sorry

"Amelia... I'm so sorry..."

"No you're not. But you're about to be."

So he was. So he was. He burned her. He hurt her, nearly killed her. Going with what he knew, Amelia would never recover from the burns. All that was left of it would be bone, and he knew why. The ultimate weakness of a Skeleton... Fire. Solar energy. And he used it against her. What had he done? He shut his eyes, willing himself to be numbed, to forget. But he couldn't. All he would ever ask of her would be forgiveness. As he watched Tull carry Amelia into the hospital he never felt more wrong in his life. He regretted all he ever said to her, whatever he did that hurt her. What was it she said about being sorry? That he was about to be? What a familiar line. So there he sat up high, staring at the night sky. Regret had filled him then, and he rubbed his temples in frustration.

"Amelia, I'm so sorry..." He whispered. Then he buried his face in his hands, willing for all his sins to be washed away by tears.

"Amelia... I... I want you back..." Duncan whispered into the night, to which the only reply he received was the faint howling of the wind. So he was about to be. And he was, when he heard the clicking of ten skeletons in his castle.

○●○●○

Nothing happened after the fiasco of Rythian and Amelia's fight. Tull had not confronted Rythian, Zoey had not found out, and Rythian was still put out by the whole thing. Rythian was never good at controlling his emotions, and he knew it well. He had just felt betrayed, angry, foolish. And he realised, wasn't it what he felt when Zoey revealed that underground science facility? And he had forgiven her, has he not? And now, Amelia had supplied Duncan with the explosives that destroyed the world, which was huge. But was it her fault... Maybe. But Duncan would have done it, one way or another. But then again, Amelia sped up the process. Rythian sighed and lay down on the bed. Maybe a little sleep would make him feel better, he thought. But that night, he had a dream. A dream about a certain fire-haired girl, a girl with one red eye, and a boy with a shadowy black arm. In his dream, they had set out on a journey, and everywhere they stepped had nukes around them. Suddenly, one exploded. Tull died first, black miasma filling the air. Amelia screamed about Duncan betraying her, and Zoey stared at him, helpless, and she whispered :

"You never should have chased me off."

●○●○

Amelia was awoken by a sudden rustling outside. She still felt the sting of fire and solar power, but it hurt less. Amelia could not move, and when she did it was agony. So all she could do was stay still, and vulnerable. It scared her that someone could sneak in to kill her, and Amelia wouldn't be able to defend herself. She heard the clicking of skeletons outside, but was unable to run out and kill them. It irritated her. At least Teep the Dinosaur was doing his job. So there Amelia was, incapable of movement, in pain, and in bad shape. She didn't blame Rythian, it was the inevitable. She knew Rythian had trouble holding himself together when angered, as a matter of fact, it was only enchanted fire. Concentrated Solar Power was another issue altogether. Lalna. Lalna used it. So the person she did blame was Lalna. And so, feeling digusted and betrayed, Amelia tried to go back to sleep.

The rustling got louder and progressively more irritating, and the clicking was unbearable.

Oh how she wished she could move.

The door slid open quietly, but Amelia heard it. Fear embedded her mind quickly, she wondered what would happen to her then, and prayed it would be Tull or a doctor, but when she opened her eyes, there he was, blonde, and holding a portal gun. Duncan. Amelia snarled, but it hurt her ribs. So the solar energy was spreading. Wonderful.

"Shhhhh Shhhhh no- Amelia I-"

"Doctor!"

"Amelia- no I mean like uh, I didn't intend on-"

"Rythian!"

"Shhhh shhh Amelia calm down I'm not going to hurt you. Look I'm not carrying anything, I swear." Duncan said, putting his hands out. Amelia, helpless, only able to stare at the ceiling, felt like crying. So she was that weak. Duncan could tell, so he pulled a chair and blinds around them. Mostly because of Zoey. And he looked at her pale skin, little bits of it chipping away. Was this how it felt like to watch life slip away from you? Was he allowed to touch her? No, probably not. Tull probably would beat him up.

"Sonofagun." She said. Duncan sighed.

"Yeah, I am."

"Asshole."

"Yeah. That's me too." He said. All he wanted was to see her. To see her one last time before she truly slipped through his fingers and away. So he would endure whatever abuse she had to throw at him. It was highly probable that Amelia was unable to say more than a few words at a time.

"Hate you." Amelia said, but in a bit more of a whisper.

"I don't." He said, and meant it. He felt his eyes sting with tears. Hold it back, hold it back. Amelia's eyes widened, but just a little.

"Why?" She asked. Duncan didn't understand the question, but he answered anyway.

"Because I'm sorry."

"Not sorry."

"But I will be? Yeah. I know." Duncan whispered. Amelia did a slight movement that resembled a shrug. If only it hurt less to speak.

"I just wanted to see you. I just wanted to tell you I was sorry. I was so sorry. Amelia, I'm sorry I killed you. I'm sorry I used you. I'm sorry I planted a nuke under everyone on the old server. I'm sorry for all the times I fought with Tull. Amelia, I love you." Duncan said, and this time he could not hold back the hot tears that streamed down his face. Amelia's fingers twitched slightly, as though she wanted to pat his head.

"Sorry too." She said, and with great effort turned her head to look at him. Then her expression hardened.

"Don't love back." She said, hoping her message got to him. She didn't love him anymore. She was sorry, but didn't love him back. How could she possibly still love him back, if he waited so long to say so. Duncan nodded in understanding.

"I know." He said, even though it hurt him. Amelia smiled with great difficulty. It hurt. It hurt. It burned to do anything. And Duncan knew.

"I have a moonlight charger. That might neutralise the solar power." He said, wildly improvising. Amelia's fingers twitched toward the machine next to her.

"Oh. You got one already." Duncan wondered why he thought it was hilarious. He then stood up.

"I should go." Duncan said, shooting a portal on the ground. Amelia sort of nodded.

"Thank you." She said.

"For what?"

"Visiting. No fighting." She whispered, before Duncan smiled, and jumped into the portal. Amelia watched as the portal vanished, and knew that Duncan wouldn't be back any time soon.