「 burgundy 」

For the entire week Kenta was in a comatose state, SEOL HAEUN wasn't able to sleep peacefully. She was anxious, worried and most of all guilty because she was the reason why he was in the hospital. She felt a great burden on her shoulders weighing her down as the most grim of thoughts floated into her head. 

What happens if he doesn't wake up? What happens if he's paralyzed? Oh God, I would be the reason he won't live a normal life. Groaning loudly, Haeun banged her head against the back of a bus seat, earing a few glances and stares from other people. She could care less, however, seeing as though a life was on the line and the chances of Kenta being alive even after a few days in a coma were slim.

"Haeun, it wasn't your fault", Daniel whispered, rubbing her back in hopes of calming her down. "You've been beating yourself up all week non-stop. It wasn't even your fault"

"But it is, Daniel. I'm the reason why Kenta is in a coma. I feel awful about it - what happens if he doesn't remember anything? What happens if he can't use his arms or legs anymore?", she responded, turning her head slightly to look at him with shaking lips. Daniel patted her back, trying to think on the brighter side of the situation even though he knows very well it was impossible to. A person was in a coma and would most likely not make it - what can be so good about that?
"Think on the brighter side - when you saved that couple, they didn't die"

"But because I saved them, Kenta got hurt instead of me"

Daniel pressed his lips together as the bus arrives at their stop, sighing as they got up from their seats.
"I can't please you, can I?"

Haeun remained silent, shoving her hands in her winter jacket's pockets, walking to the flower shop with Daniel. Thoughts and fears swirled around her head, making her feel sick to her stomach as she thought more and more about Kenta's situation. What happens if he's in that coma for years? What happens if he doesn't wake up?

What happens if he's dead?

Then someone would die in your hands.

"Haeun? Haeun?"

Daniel nudged Haeun's shoulder gently, pulling her out of her black abyss of thoughts. Haeun looked up at him, the boy sending her a smile of reassurance and before looking back to where they were going. Walking into the main city of Gangnam, Haeun felt someone bump into her shoulder and didn't even apologize. She turned around to curse at the culprit, but she held her tongue back as she saw who it was.

She started to call his name, running after the male in hopes that he'll stop for her. When he doesn't, she sped up and grabbed his wrist .Haeun spun him around to look at his face, a wave of relief washing over her body as she hugged him tightly. 

"You're okay, Kenta, that's good", she breathed out, looking up at him. She felt the boy stiffen up like a wooden board at her sudden burst of affection, his body cold against Haeun's soft skin. She inspected Kenta's arms and face, a small smile of disbelief as she stared up at him. "All your scars are gone; that's amazing. I was so worried and-"

Haeun stumbled back, tilting her head as Kenta glared at her with daggers after pushing her away harshly. He walked away from her, scoffing before he vanishing from her sight. She felt her heart wince for no reason, knitting her eyebrows.

Is he mad? Well, he did get hurt because of me. 

"I'll make it up to him", she nodded to herself, turning around to meet up with the confused Daniel.

For the past few days, Haeun had been trying to talk to Kenta but to no prevail. He's been avoiding her and when she did manage to grab his attention, he would shrug her off and walk away. Along with his cold front, for the past week he didn't visited the flower shop which only added to Haeun's long list of guilt and unease.