「 mint 」

TAKADA KENTA roamed around the city in silence, not really having any destination in mind. He had a lot on his mind--

Was dating Haeun a mistake?

In a matter of a couple of months, he'd be gone, not on this earth anymore.
Dead.

He does love Haeun, he really does but he doesn't want her to be more depressed than she was already. Her grandmother did just die and now he's going to leave her soon? Life is just a jerk. Kenta saw how broken she was when Ms.Seol passed and he doesn't want to see her in that state, he hates it when she's hurt because it also hurts him too.

Oh, the pains of being in love.

If we broke up, would she hurt less when I go?

That thought has been boggling his mind for the past few days. If they broke up, wouldn't that mean Haeun would hate him and wouldn't miss him? He would do anything just to keep her happy, just to keep her stable, just to keep her alive.

Besides, you can't die twice.

But his heart winces at the thought though. Breaking up with Haeun? The girl he truly loves? His first and last love? His first and last kiss? He couldn't bare to lose her.

His happiness, his love, his color.

"But it's for her. If you love someone, you let them go", Kenta mumbles to himself, finally deciding what he'll do.

The next few days Haeun has been busy. Whenever Kenta would ask what she was doing, her response would always be,

"It's nothing, Kenta"

Did it get him suspicious, yes it did. Was she getting bored of him? Did she not love him anymore? He was worried, he really was.

Maybe that would be a good reason for him to end it.

It still hurt his heart uncontrollably, but it was for the best for the both of them—if he gave Haeun a reason to hate him then she wouldn't feel bad when he leaves, right? That was his logic, at least.

If you love someone, you let them go.

Kenta soon snaps out of his daze, hearing the cafe's bell ding.

"Welcome to JBJ Cafe, may I take your order—"

"Kenta!"

The boy was startled, seeing the girl he hasn't seen for a week and a half stand right in front of him, smiling brightly.

Oh, how her smile made him melt.

"Kenta-yah~", she hummed, waving her hand in front of his face. He refocuses his attention on her, his smile faltering as he looks into her eyes.

Eyes that probably don't love him anymore.

"Can you take off work? I want to bring you somewhere", she giggles, rocking her feet.
"Why?", he asked, putting down the rag he was using to clean the tables.

"It's a surprise! Can you? Can you please?", Haeun asked cutely, tugging on his white V-neck sweater's sleeve. "Please oppa~? Please~?"

The girl started doing aegyo and although cringy, he still couldn't help but break his stoic face with a chuckle.
"Okay, okay fine. Just stop please—your aegyo is terrible"

The black haired girl who's hair was now just below her shoulders made a face at him, hitting his shoulder.
"What are you saying? I'm totally cute", she winked, doing the flower pose. Kenta ruffled Haeun's hair, rolling his eyes as he laughed.
"Fine, you're cute", he sighed, smiling softly at her. The girl smiled in victory, taking the boy's hand and dragged him onto the bus.