Chapter 12: Details

A few days have passed and Suko was able to read half of the book of Jashin. The book talked mostly about the creation of Jashin and his disciples.

Jashin was underrated. No one paid that much attention to him which drove him to madness. He began creating absurd rituals that involved harming or killing the innocent, from that he developed a thirst and a reputation for it.

Then he travelled and recruited others that were just as bloodthirsty him, calling them his disciples. Only then, people started to notice. Jashin was seen as a threat and he needed to be executed. On his dying wish, he performed his last ritual with his disciples which would grant him eternal life. But something went wrong.

The ritual was supposed to make Jashin immortal but he died in the ritual. His disciples were lost without him but they continued to do his rituals. They also recruited members of their own and eventually called themselves Jashinist, as a tribute to Him. They all believed that they could achieve the one thing that Jashin Himself couldn't, immortality.

In a desperate attempt, they did the same ritual that Jashin did but only a few survived. The survivors realised that Jashin did reach immortality, in spiritual form. Jashin became a god and His followers continued His rituals to this day.

----------

Suko wakes up and finds herself on the couch with her book on her stomach. She slowly sits up and takes in her surroundings. She must have slept on the couch last night reading. It looks like it's early morning, the sun slowly crawling it's way into the sky. Suko rubbed her eyes and went to her bedroom to take a shower.

Suko was done showering and changed into her battle clothes. She goes down the stairs and exits the hideout. She jumps on tree to tree to find a wide enough area to train. She stops at a meadow that seemed wide and was surrounded by more trees. She walks to the centre of the meadow and closes her eyes. She takes a deep breath as she feels the soft breeze of the wind caressing on her skin.

Suko quickly jumps high in the sky and tilts her body upside down. She takes a handful of kunai and spins her body midair. She throws the kunai in many directions around her. She smirks at the sound of many kunai piercing through the trunks of the trees. She tilts her body right side up and lands effortlessly.

She takes another handful of kunai and starts throwing them randomly in different directions, each one landing on a trunk. She paueses. She stands up straight and takes out one kunai. She throws it behind her and it lands successfully on a tree trunk.

Suko opens her eyes and smirks. She slowly turns around and views how many kunai have perfectly penetrated each tree trunk around her. She stops smirking. One kunai didn't land exactly in the centre of the tree trunk, it was too far to the left. She sighs to herself.

She does a set of hand signs and outstretches her arm as she tries to do the jutsu that she was working on with Mizu sensei. She groans as she focuses her chakra on her hand but just like before, it couldn't say still. She tries to control her breathing as she feels the slight burn on her palm start to escalate.

The burn is too strong as she groans through her teeth. The chakra she was focusing on started to appear visible on her hand. It slowly takes the form of a sphere. Just as the sphere grew in size, it mildly exploded, which made Suko fall to the floor. She punched the grass.

Suko: Dammit.

Suko stands up and dusts herself off. An aura of green chakra pools on her injured hand as she heals it.

Suko sensed someone close by. She quickly takes out a kunai and throws it to the person's direction. She hears the kunai cling and she quickly stands in a defensive position, with another kunai in hand.