11

••Will be editing previous chapters and hopefully putting out more new chapters soon:) ••
Sorry to leave you guys hanging for a bit. I've been beyond busy and I hope to get back into writing more.
———

I've decided that the apartment, well condo, will have to do. There's two sides to the condo. It's a two bedroom, one bathroom, living room, kitchen, dining room and a nice balcony with a very nice view.
After signing stuff with the realtor the place was officially mine. Next step is a job.

I took a second to think to myself. This is all going way too good, something bad is bound to happen eventually...

I was currently looking at colours to paint the place. I've decided to repaint it all white and then to be decorated with other items along the way.
After getting back to the apartment I realized I have no clue what the hell I'm doing. I sigh to myself, the only people I know are Brian and his family. I feel bad for asking but I don't want to mess this up.

I grab my phone and open contacts.

It rings for about three seconds.

"Hello?" Brian says into the phone.

"Hey, Brian. Long time no talk am I right?" I say sarcastically. He laughs which also brings a smile to my face.

"What's up, Arya?" He asks.

"So the new place needs a new paint job and I thought to myself, I'll need a professional, unfortunately I don't know any so my last option was you." I say while smirking to myself.

"Haha, you're so funny, Arya. You sound desperate so I guess I'll say no."

"I'm not desper- wait a minute." He laughs again.

"I'm joking, of course I'll help." I roll my eyes even though he can't see me.

"Perfect! Paint is here and ready, or at least I think it is..." I begin fiddling around with the cans of paint.

"Arya, don't touch it, I'll be there in a few minutes." I could hear the anxiety in his voice which made me giggle.

"Okay, can't wait to see you again." I say and then hanging up before I hear a response.

I spin around and there is absolutely nowhere to sit other than the wood floor.
I shrug and take a seat on the floor beside the paint and other supplies.

After about 10 minutes I heard a knock at the door.

"Come in!" I yell not bothering to get up.

"Hey- oh nice.." Brian says while looking at me as I'm laying on the floor.

"Ready!?" I ask him.

"Yea lets start." He says while helping me up from the cold, hard floor.

We begin with mixing the paint and pouring into trays. I told him I want everything just white to begin with.

We both turn around looking at all the work that needs to be done, then we look at each other.

"Gonna be a while." He says with a sigh and I nod in agreement.

I didn't realize how long it was going to take. We're going to have to do about two or three coats of paint, but that means more time with Brian and I couldn't complain at all.
After about two hours we've taken about three breaks, we're now on our fourth.

"Hey, are you hungry?" I ask him while I look down at my phone.

"Yes, I think there's an In-N-Out somewhere around here." He tells me. I turn my phone off and stand up.

"Sure, I'll go and you stay here." I tell him. He begins to pull out his wallet but I quickly stop him.
"And I'll pay for it." I state with a smile.

"No, don't be ridiculous." He gives me about $40 and I roll my eyes. No point in arguing because I'm starving.

I've been gone for about 15 minutes. I'm about to pull into the driveway and I see another car behind Brian's. I walk into my house and see some girl sitting with Brian.

"Who's she?" I ask trying not to sound mad.

"My friend, Molly." Brian says while looking at her. She smiled at me and waved. I turned to close the door and I rolled my eyes. Great.

End of chapter.